Market Value by Day

Options
JGritmon
JGritmon Member ✭✭
edited 7:42AM in Reports (Mac)

I know I can see the Market Value of my portfolio each day by changing the "Data as of" date. However, is there a report or way to build a report that lists the Market Value by day (end of day value)?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Not day by day.

One thought is that with a Net Worth report, you could get the value of your investment accounts at various intervals, the smallest of which is weekly. If you set the report to include just your investing accounts, you could track the value of your holdings week by week.

Of course, that provides only the total market value for each account, not a finer-grained security-by-security level like you can see in the Portfolio view. (However, with such a report, you can click on the value of any account in any column, and it will open a report which shows actual transactions and unrealized gains and losses for each security for that weekly interval.)

I guess the question is what you're most interested in tracking, and how much effort it's worth to get there. For an individual security day by day, for instance, you can visit any website (like Yahoo Finance) to see a chart by day, because Quicken Mac doesn't (yet) have the ability to chart a single security over time. I suppose you could export each day's Portfolio view to a spreadsheet and do some work to merge that data into a single spreadsheet with the values you want, but that seems like a lot of work.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can view day by day portfolio values (or any combination of investment accounts) in the calendar. Probably not the layout you're looking for, but only way I have found.

This discussion has been closed.