amount, showing that's already reconciled.

Options

I have a couple accounts that I made a mistake somewhere along the line. They are already reconciled but are staying at the bottom of the register. No matter what I try they are still there? I click on them and hit the reconcile, but still, they are there? I have checked the dates. I know a few times when entering a new one that I have changed the date accidently, but have fixed it. These amounts are in the correct place, but I can't seem to get them to go, even though they are about a month or so old. Thanks

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking so this is just a wild guess answer. Click on the Clr heading to sort the register. This will place all uncleared transactions at the bottom of your register or the top of the register depending on the position of the arrow. If the arrow in the clr column is pointing downwards, reconciled transactions will be at the top of your register. If the arrow is pointing downward, reconciled transactions will be at the top of the register.

Invoking either of these actions however; will result in your register being in reverse date order, that is the new transaction field will either be at the top of your register or the bottom of your register.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

Have you tried clicking on the Date column header? Clicking on that header will sort the column in date order, either in ascending or or in descending order. If it is showing the order differently than you want to see, then click on the header, again, to reverse the date order.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Bruce Leavitt
    Bruce Leavitt Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a post at the bottom I try to delete but it says it is reconciled. The figures in my columns of charge and payments do not add up although the charges add up, but the payments don't quite add up. I guess i will have to wait till the next statements.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Bruce Leavitt - I am having a difficult time picturing what you are seeing. Would it be possible to take a screen shot of what you are seeing? Save the file and then click and drag it into the Leave a Comment field so we can see it? You can edit the picture to black out any personal or confidential information. A picture like that can be worth a thousand words and be very helpful.

• Bruce Leavitt
    Bruce Leavitt Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok this may help you a lot easier, sorry I have run into this a few times, and unfortunately it is not as simple as hitting an undo key. I am placing a pic, which really doesn't have a lot of confidential information or big figures. Not that I would have big figures lol Now as you can see the two top items are the correct date. Now the bottom one is a reconciled line from previous reconcile. Somehow, I have inadeptly got it posted back in there as it is cleared and reconciled. I want to Do my newest reconcile, unfortunately when I do it. that one line when I finish messes it up. If I try to delete it, it tends to copy it and I have two in line? (also there are other figures above the 16.74 for the month, weren't necessary to put them in) I can't delete, copy or anything else. The only possibility I might see in the account after the new reconcile is zero it out, Though not sure if that will mess the next one up. I would have to go back aways on my backups to try and fix it? Looking for an easier way? Thanks.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It looks like your account register is sorted to show the most recent transaction at the top and the oldest to be shown at the bottom of the register. Am I correct?

Is the yellow shaded transaction the oldest one in the account register or are there older ones and are they below the 1/24/2024 transaction?

What happens with this transaction when you click on the Date column header? Do they show up in the correct location of the register now?

Also, this picture does not show the reconcile status. Does your register show the Clr column? In my checking/savings account registers it is the column between the Payment and Deposit columns. In my credit card accounts it is the column between the Charge and Payment columns. If this is how it is in the picture you posted, then it shows that none of these 3 transactions have been Cleared or Reconciled.

If you do not see the Clr column, click on the Gear icon at the top right above the register and then click on Register Columns. You should get something that looks like the following picture. Make sure that the box for Cleared and Status are checked and then click on Done.

Do you see the Clr column now?

Also, the Status column will be on the far left side of the register. What, if anything, does is say in that column for this transaction?

• Bruce Leavitt
    Bruce Leavitt Member ✭✭
    Options

I think it cleared it self for some reason. I should of stated that I had highlighted the particular line. Thanks again.