moving an individual MF from Fidelity to Vanguard - how ? (edit)

Quicken Classic Premier, R55.15, Build 27.1.55.15, Windows 10 Enterprise. I have an individual Mutual Fund with Fidelity and will be moving this fund into my Vanguard Brokerage investment account for future management in the next days. What will Quicken likely ask me to do for this change? I only wish to be prepared when Quicken sees this change during an account update process. The Fidelity MF will not be intentionally deleted or balance set to zero - only moved from an individual MF under Fidelity to Vanguard Brokerage. What message(s) is Quicken likely to present to me during this process? How should I respond? At the end of this process, Fidelity (with this MF) should no longer be on the automatic update protocol, but the fund should now be under the Vanguard brokerage investment for continuing automatic updates. I hope this request has been reasonable clear. Thank you. I'm just trying to avoid having to call support to straighten it all out! Richard

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. Make sure the holdings in your old account(s) prior to the transfer are up to date and accurate. 
    2. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    3. In the old account, click on the gear, pick Edit account details, and on the Online Services tab, click on Deactivate.
    4. If there are transactions in the old account(s) that remove the holdings for the transfer, delete them.
    5. Set up the new account in Quicken if you have not already. If there are already transactions that transfer the holdings into the account or transactions that duplicate ones that are already recorded in the old account, delete them.
    6. In the old account(s), click on Enter Transactions and pick Shares transferred between accounts.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. Make sure the holdings in your old account(s) prior to the transfer are up to date and accurate. 
    2. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    3. In the old account, click on the gear, pick Edit account details, and on the Online Services tab, click on Deactivate.
    4. If there are transactions in the old account(s) that remove the holdings for the transfer, delete them.
    5. Set up the new account in Quicken if you have not already. If there are already transactions that transfer the holdings into the account or transactions that duplicate ones that are already recorded in the old account, delete them.
    6. In the old account(s), click on Enter Transactions and pick Shares transferred between accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Dr.Richard50
    Dr.Richard50 Member ✭✭

Thank you, Sir!

This discussion has been closed.