Validation report: Additional data conversion in QWMain started

Options
BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭

Every time I do a file validation, it produces "Additional data conversion in QWMain started". Everything else in the report is clean. This has been on-going for a couple of years, every time. What does it mean? Anything I should or could do? I am on R52.28 and everything is working well w/o any issues. TIA.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If "everything is working well" why are you doing a validation … which can, under unusual circumstances, itself cause problems.

And, I'd just ignore that message. It doesn't appear to convey any useful info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Options

If all that you're changing is the Data (i.e., between accounts, correct past entry, rollover) I wouldn't bother with a Validation.

I'm unclear as to what you mean by "optimize/improve something", so I can't comment as to whether I'd validate then.

BUT, rather than Validation, I'd take backups prior to anything that might impact the STRUCTURE of Q's data, such as deleting accounts or merging accounts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If "everything is working well" why are you doing a validation … which can, under unusual circumstances, itself cause problems.

And, I'd just ignore that message. It doesn't appear to convey any useful info.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @NotACPA

Yes, I have read about that as well from experts like you that the validation itself could cause problems.

When I make any major changes within or between investment accounts, optimize/improve something, realize a past incorrect entry, rollover an account into another etc., I do a validation. So maybe once every two months.

I was just curious what it is doing behind the scenes or if I should be concerned.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Options

If all that you're changing is the Data (i.e., between accounts, correct past entry, rollover) I wouldn't bother with a Validation.

I'm unclear as to what you mean by "optimize/improve something", so I can't comment as to whether I'd validate then.

BUT, rather than Validation, I'd take backups prior to anything that might impact the STRUCTURE of Q's data, such as deleting accounts or merging accounts.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Noted and will follow your advice, thank you.

Given that I have not found much about this message in the community it remains a mystery what it means or does.