Pending transactions in USAA bank accounts not downloading w. new feature

Options

I just upgraded to R55.26 on a Windows 10 machine. I was looking forward to using the new Pending Transactions feature for my USAA accounts. I see that there is space for downloading these, and I have turned on the feature. But it's not working with USAA checking accounts. I'm connected using Express Web Connect+. I don't have other accounts that have this feature, so I can't tell if this is a Quicken problem or something on USAA's end. This feature will save me hours per week. Anyone know why it's not working?

Tagged:

Comments

• paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Options

Another USAA customer here experiencing the same disappointment and continued frustration with this issue. From what I see I think the issue lies with USAA assigning the category. Any transaction marked as "category pending" does not download. These transactions with a pending category assignment can be cleared or pending (in the description). Those that are cleared do not download but the amount for each is considered in the ending balance so reconciling is never clean.

It can take USAA at least 2 days and sometimes up to 4 to assign a category. As a quicken user I could care less how USAA wants to categorize, I just want the transaction to download!!!

• KDL
    KDL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Paula, the category in USAA is pending while the transaction is pending. I agree with you: I don't care what category is assigned by USAA or when. I just want the pending transactions to download using the new Quicken feature in the latest release.

• paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Options

KDL it is true that the category is pending while the transaction is pending and it is also true that the category is pending after the transaction has cleared. See this screenshot of my account this morning. None of these transactions downloaded even though I have turned on the new feature to download pending transactions.

If add up the amounts for transactions that are cleared (below the red line) but still with a category pending the total will be the amount my reconcile is off. That is because although these transactions do not download their amounts are considered in the balance.

• norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having the same issue with USAA and pending transactions. I was so pleased that this long standing issue had been resolved, but sadly this is not the case. I don't know whether this is a USAA issue or a Quicken issue, but really disappointing.