Graphs

Options
brpillows
brpillows Member ✭✭

In quicken for windows there were graphs available for all of the reports. How do I create a graph for Net worth in Quicken for Mac

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There's a graph on the Investing > Portfolio screen, but this only includes investments, not other components of net worth.

On the Home screen, the Net Worth card has a graph. Unfortunately, this graph always has the Y axis start at zero (or below) to the detail of changes is compressed and essentially lost in some cases.

Other than those two options, I'd suggest exporting a Net Worth by (time period) to a CSV file and using Excel or Numbers to create a graph from that data.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • brpillows
    brpillows Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks, much easier on quicken for windows

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@brpillows The developers have said that adding graphing for reports is in their development plan. We don't know when such functionality will appear or how it will work.

I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting to graph for Net Worth. If it's a breakdown of your different accounts' contributions to your total net worth, there's no way to graph that. But if it's the change in net worth over time, there actually is an old report tucked away in the reports section which may do what you want. It's somewhat hidden by design because it uses Quicken's old reports engine which has been superseded by a more configurable reports engine for almost all reports; the old reports are deprecated and are expected to be removed from the program at some point. But in the meantime if you peek in Reports > Other Reports, you'll find Net Worth Over Time. There's very limited customization available, but you can set a date range and select which accounts are included in your net worth, and you'll see a line chart of your net worth over that time.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • brpillows
    brpillows Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for that, exactly what I was looking for..

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

But do we trust anything that's created with the old reports engine? I'm not so sure. Also BTW, I'm not seeing Net Worth Over Time in the Other Reports group. I see it in the Net Worth group.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    Options

@RickO Yes, you’re correct that the Net Worth Over Time report is under the Net Worth section of reports, not the Other Reports section.

• brpillows
    brpillows Member ✭✭
    Options

Found this and it is useful except it is showing graph and columns grouped by month. If you are looking at anything over a year it is way too big. Anyway to adjust intervals? I noticed the next report showing Net Worth by year but it doesn't have a graph.

• jacobs
    Options

@brpillows As mentioned earlier, Net Worth Over Time is a very old report — which will likely go away sometime in the future once new graphs are added to Quicken Mac — and it doesn't have any fine-grained configurability.

If you really need a graph on your own terms, your only option is to use the modern Net Worth report, setting the time interval you desire, exporting to a CSV file, opening it in a spreadsheet program, and creating a graph in the spreadsheet.