Rental properties missing in update R55.26

Options

After updating to R55.26, all my rental properties are missing. When attempting to add a scheduled income transaction, I get an error alert stating:

"All your rental properties are hidden"
"To add a transaction, at least one of your rental properties needs to be unhidden."

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have not already done so, you might want to go to Tools > Manage Hidden Accounts. Are your rental properties shown there?

If they are, make sure to uncheck the boxes for them and then click on Done.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• djleeam
    djleeam Member
    Options

My rental properties don't show up there. I downgraded to R55.15 and everything is fine again. The property list from the "Rental Property" tab now show my properties again.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I'm glad it's working for you after down-revving.

I've never heard of this type of thing happening before. I know that when upgrading to a new version it can sometimes cause some unusual things changes to be made to Preferences but not where entire accounts or properties simply disappear. You might want to consider reporting this via Help > Report a Problem.

• djleeam
    djleeam Member
    Options

Thanks. I’ve reported the issue. Will wait for a new patch before upgrading again.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Good. The Quicken development team needs to know about this issue so they can determine what steps can be taken to prevent it from happening, again, in the future.

When you update Quicken versions, do you do that from within Quicken or do you manually download/install the Manual Update Patch? It seems to me that when Quicken does the updating I tend to have more installation and program issues. So, I no longer permit Quicken to do the updating and will instead manually download/install the Manual Update Patch which seems to be more reliable and trouble-free.