My credit card's Bill Pay address has changed. How to edit in Bank Bill Pay?

Options

How do I change a credit card payment address in Quicken for Mac? Bank Bill Pay.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does QMac allow one to edit anything regarding a DC Bank Bill Pay payee? QWin does not permit it and we are required to create a new Bank Bill Pay payee whenever there is any change to be made to the payee information. (If the name of the payee is not being changed, then we also need to delete the current payee before creating the new payee.) I am curious and would like to find out if QMac and QWin are different in this regard.

FYI:

• Quicken Help says that some banks will get the address update from the credit card company and will in turn update the payee address in Quicken when the payment is processed and downloaded into Quicken during OSU. I do not know if WF will do that.
    • Quicken Bank Bill Pay payees are not visible in the WF online account website so we cannot edit that information there. Conversely, WF Bill Pay payess do not interface with Quicken's DC Bank Bill Pay either.
    • Banks will decide which payment method will be used. Since almost all credit card companies have ACH set up for electronic financial transactions, WF will in all likelihood send the payment to the credit card company via ACH and will not mail it. If this is the case, the pay-to address is not really important to WF. If WF does use it it will likely be only to help it identify the correct ACH number to link the payee and payment to.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    Options

In Quicken go to Window>Payees & Rules>Payees tab, select the Payee, then click on pencil in lower left to edit the address.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who's actually performing the payment transaction?

• Quicken thru Bill Manager Quick Pay,
    • Quicken thru Bill Manager Check Pay,
    • Quicken while printing a paper check which you mail yourself
    • your bank thru the bank website's Bill Pay system, sending an electronic payment
    • the credit card company thru their own computer system, aka Autopay?

• Airbusky
    Airbusky Member
    Options

Wells Fargo, Bank Bill Pay.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're logging on to the WF website to make your monthly credit card payment, then the address should be stored at the bank's website and should be possible to update it there.

I'm not too sure about this … all my credit card payments are made by the credit card company's computer system automatically every month on Due Date (that's known as Autopay) as electronic debit from my checking account.

• Airbusky
    Airbusky Member
    Options

Bank Bill Pay in Quicken has been working flawlessly for me, but the address information entered on the initial setup has disappeared. Maybe the Bank system will update the address automatically?

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bank will not update the address automatically. In Quicken go to Window>Payees & Rules>Payees tab, select the Payee, then click on pencil in lower left to edit the address. If the Payee has disappeared as you stated above, click on the plus sign rather than the edit and create a new Bank Bill Pay Payee. Either way Quicken will sync the new information with the bank system during your next Direct Connect update.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bank will not update the address automatically. In Quicken go to Window>Payees & Rules>Payees tab, select the Payee, then click on pencil in lower left to edit the address. If the Payee information has disappeared as you state above, click on the + sign and create a new Bank Bill Pay Payee. Either way Quicken will sync the new information with the bank system during your next Direct Connect update.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alternatively, the opposite should work also. Go to the Bank site and edit or create a new Payee there and it should sync that info with Quicken during the next Direct Connect update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does QMac allow one to edit anything regarding a DC Bank Bill Pay payee? QWin does not permit it and we are required to create a new Bank Bill Pay payee whenever there is any change to be made to the payee information. (If the name of the payee is not being changed, then we also need to delete the current payee before creating the new payee.) I am curious and would like to find out if QMac and QWin are different in this regard.

FYI:

• Quicken Help says that some banks will get the address update from the credit card company and will in turn update the payee address in Quicken when the payment is processed and downloaded into Quicken during OSU. I do not know if WF will do that.
    • Quicken Bank Bill Pay payees are not visible in the WF online account website so we cannot edit that information there. Conversely, WF Bill Pay payess do not interface with Quicken's DC Bank Bill Pay either.
    • Banks will decide which payment method will be used. Since almost all credit card companies have ACH set up for electronic financial transactions, WF will in all likelihood send the payment to the credit card company via ACH and will not mail it. If this is the case, the pay-to address is not really important to WF. If WF does use it it will likely be only to help it identify the correct ACH number to link the payee and payment to.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatmaniac I'm not a WF customer. I guess banks can differ. When I switched banks several years ago my DC Bank Bill Pay Payees in Quicken all synched at the new bank. I may have been on Windows then. I can't remember if I had switched to Mac before or after that.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 8
    Options

I think QWin allows one to change the payees set up with one bank to also be assigned to another bank. But my experiences with WF, Compass Bank, BBVA, BBVA Compass, Regions, Midland States Bank and PNC did not let me change any of the payee information…..payee name, address, account number, phone number. I have needed to set up new payees for those kind of changes.

It could also be that it might be bank related restrictions, too. Just that Quicken did not allow me to enter any payee changes for these 7 banks.