Is it possible to stop the "what if tool" from including future payments in calculations

Options

For instance, I am reviewing an outstanding loan that pays off in 16 months. I have auto entered my future monthly payments. These future payments are being included in the "what if tool" calculations while my goal is to view how the "what if tool"calculates either additional principal or a one time payment affect using my current totals. Is there a way to accomplish this without having to remove the future loan payments which are being used for other financial planning?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have auto entered my future monthly payments.

Maybe that's why … IMHO, if you have a reminder to handle loan or other payments or deposits, you really don't need to pre-record all these future dated transactions into your checking account register.
    The What if tool and views like Projected Balances work with future instances of reminders to show you what the future might look like.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The answer is no, there isn't any way to remove "some future" transactions and leave others. By definition the What If tool is trying to predict the future and you have told it that these transactions will happen.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have auto entered my future monthly payments.

Maybe that's why … IMHO, if you have a reminder to handle loan or other payments or deposits, you really don't need to pre-record all these future dated transactions into your checking account register.
    The What if tool and views like Projected Balances work with future instances of reminders to show you what the future might look like.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The answer is no, there isn't any way to remove "some future" transactions and leave others. By definition the What If tool is trying to predict the future and you have told it that these transactions will happen.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • richmarcotte
    richmarcotte Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the responses. I will leave the future transactions as-is for now and make the "what if" calculations outside of Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.