ONE STEP UPDATE NOT WORKING

Options

I updated my accounts on 4/6/24 with no issues. I took the new update later that day. NOW 4/7 -4/8 and beyond I CANNOT UPDATE MY ACCOUNTS! It literally freezes and says "waiting" and never finishes till I kill the process. I have tried this many, many times over days. WTF and how do I fix this?! I have a new month that needs to be completed!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which version are you running? (Help > About Quicken)

What is the status of your subscription? (Help > About Quicken)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• MultiMomX5
    MultiMomX5 Member
    Options

Version R55.26

Build 27.1.55.26

My subscription is active and valid and on auto renew

Windows 11, Quicken Classic Deluxe

Everything ran and updated fine up till 4/6. Now it just hangs and never updates and I have to kill the process. Thanks

• curtisdchilds
    curtisdchilds Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here……hoping for a fix soon

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not experiencing any OSU problems so it's not a Quicken issue. No doubt, something got corrupted when you updated. As a quick first troubleshooting step, I'd create a test data file and enter a test account in OSU. If OSU works with the test data file, then your existing data file is suspect. If OSU still fails, then the program installation integrity is probably corrupt and I'd reinstall the Quicken program.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I agree with @RalphC's suggestion to try setting up a test file (File > New Quicken File….name the file TEST).

I have also read some posts by others who have updated to R55.26 that they have experienced OSU issues but there are not many posting this so I suspect it is not an issue with R55.26 itself so much as it is an installation issue.

Let us know what happens with the TEST file.

• MultiMomX5
    MultiMomX5 Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions. I always take the updates and have never had this happen before after an update installed.

I checked some additional things. I tried to reset a couple accounts in Account Details and that also just hung until I had to kill it. Same with the synching to the cloud. My router and modem are working fine and have service. So it seems like anything that needed to be downloaded and synched over the cloud was affected from this latest update.

I ran the Validate and Repair File option. Nothing was found on my data file. I backed that up. I also created a test file and tried to synch which also didn't work. At this point I uninstalled Quicken (which didn't uninstall cleanly and took more troubleshooting until finally I got a working version installed). From there I loaded from my Data backup.

As of now everything is downloading correctly and quickly without issue to my accounts. However, I had to turn off the Web/Mobile synch because that part is still not working quickly - it runs for hours (yesterday I left and it was still trying to synch after 5 hrs). I even tried to reset the data on web/mobile and that also just kept running endlessly. I killed those processes and it looks like it synched something or maybe it was there already. But right now if I turn on web synch it seems to just hang and try running forever.

• ergo1
    ergo1 Member
    Options

Quicken automatically updated when I opened it today, after not using it for a while. It froze when I tried one step update. I ended the session using task manager and rebooted. Same result. I uninstalled and had a failure on my first reinstall from the web. I got an install after deleting the quicken folder in Programs x86. I managed to edit/accept transactions that had been previously downloaded. It froze when I added a new credit card account.

Quicken Version R55.26 Build 27.1.55.26 running on Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Build 22631.3447

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz; 64.0 GB RAM (63.8 GB usable)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

If you do not use Mobile or Web, it is suggested that Sync for it be turned off and kept off. Having Sync turned on can sometimes cause performance issues so it is best to keep Sync turned off if you do not need Mobile or Web.

That being said, it sounds like perhaps your Quicken installation was corrupted which in turn might have corrupted your Cloud Account. Reinstalling Quicken seems to have fixed the downloads issue but not the Mobile/Web Sync. Resetting the Cloud Account can resolve some Cloud Account issues but as you noted it did not fix the issue you are experiencing.

The next step would be to delete the Cloud Account. This process will totally remove all data that was in the Cloud Account for Mobile and Web access. And your accounts set up for downloading via EWC or EWC+ will be deactivated and will need to be set up, again. Before proceeding backup your data file.

1. In your main data file: Before starting this it is recommended that you enter and save the accounts' Opening Balance transaction dollar amounts into the Memo fields of those transactions. This can be very helpful in resolving an issue where the Opening Balance dollar amount sometimes gets changed when reconnecting the accounts. It makes it very easy to identify when this has happened and then to fix it if the correct dollar amount is saved in the Memo field.
    2. Back up your main data file.
    3. Open your previously created TEST file or create a new TEST file: Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = ON > OK.
    4. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID.
    5. Select the Cloud Account that is associated with your main data file > Delete > Close.
    6. Open your main data file. You will likely be required to sign into Quicken with your Quicken ID and PW. This will cause Quicken to recreate the Cloud Account for this file. There will be some data synced with the new Cloud Account at this point but if you have Mobile & Web Sync turned OFF it will be only a minimal amount of data (such as financial institution names, categories, etc.) with no financial data synced.
    7. If you have accounts that were set up with EWC or EWC+ connections, they will need to be set up again via Add Account or Set Up Now.
    8. Make sure that when the financial data is downloaded you carefully Link it to the appropriate accounts that are already established in Quicken.
    9. If the account balance is incorrect: Check the Opening Balance transaction and correct it if needed.
    10. If the account balance is still incorrect: Scroll through the account register going back about 90-100 days from today looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any duplicates, delete one transaction and retain the other.
    11. Once all accounts are set up, if you will be using Mobile or Web you will need to set it up, again, because all data will have been deleted when the Cloud Account was deleted.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it did, if it did not or if you have any questions.