Bank Transaction Download has incorrect Online Balance

Options

When I download transactions from my checking account, the bottom of the register has an "Online Balance". This is not the actual balance, but the balance including pending transactions, which are not downloaded. Quicken Online Help says: "For connected accounts, the online balance does not typically include pending transactions because the bank does not include them in the Online Balance". Then it says, if you balance includes pending transactions…. select the Info icon next to Online Balance and select Exclude pending. There is not an Info icon. Anyone know how to correct this wrong Online Balance?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no way for the user to correct an incorrect Online Balance. You need to turn off reconciling to the online balance so that you can enter the correct balance/date.

See the second answer in this comment for more details:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CMCaldwell
    CMCaldwell Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I thought it might be a Quicken glitch. I don't use the reconcile to online balance. I have always reconciled from paper statements. But I like to use the online balance that is downloaded to compare to my register balance to be sure I am not missing any transactions, especially since all of the CC-502 errors the last months in downloads.

My credit card online balances are always correct, but my bank is not.