Can someone confirm Quicken executable SHA1 hashes and patch levels for Quicken 2012 and 2013

Options

I have the following Quicken Installable files for Quicken 2012 Premier and Quicken 2013 Home and Business along with their patches. available with me.

If anyone has more information on the executable files, hashes and patch levels, can they please confirm if they are the latest patches for those editions.

Quicken 2012 Premier

Quicken_Premier_2012.exe with SHA1 value 5d1251c8fe184f44cc24dcd37815392e661f45e6 (96.3 MB)

QW2012R7Patch.exe with SHA1 value aefda1c4088ef5229db76d3338ce7cb8d1305205 (36.4 MB)

QW2012R7MPatch.exe with SHA1 value 65de4a909c1a6c834d1f41d5f7229fcba831ad3e (18 MB)

I am a bit confused as M (Mondo patch) QW2012R7MPatch.exe is 18 MB while the normal patch QW2012R7Patch.exe is 36.4 MB. My understanding is that Mondo patch contains all patches in one package and as a result it should have been more in size.

Quicken 2013 Home and Business

Quicken_Home_Business_2013.exe with SHA1 value 8e93ad81b3bead1d664f77e690ea8eac8902ef69 (96 MB)

QW2013R12MPatch.exe with SHA1 value e11f6826261341a8ad99b29ed2936575204944a5 (25.5 MB)

No individual patches available for this release with me.

Quicken 2012 Premier on Windows 11 Pro (Quicken User since Quicken 1998)

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

Quicken does have a free 2013 Deluxe that you don't have to patch. But you want Home & Business.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@eqpu

I presume that once I upgrade the file to Quicken 2013 Home and Business, I cannot go back to Quicken 2013 Deluxe. Please confirm my understanding.

Incorrect. You can revert to a lesser edition. But the features available in the higher edition(s) will be unavailable.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am a bit confused as M (Mondo patch) QW2012R7MPatch.exe is 18 MB while the normal patch QW2012R7Patch.exe is 36.4 MB. My understanding is that Mondo patch contains all patches in one package and as a result it should have been more in size.

Your understanding is incorrect. Almost all of the update patches have contained ALL of the changes for that version up to the point of publication, there were a couple over the years that were incremental. So, you only need to install the last patch for any given version.

The mondo patch may and generally does include pieces of the installation that were not changed by the program updates. In other words, some of the libraries may be included in it that were not changed by the revisions, it is more like a new install vs a patch.

The fact that they are not sized as you expect could be due to the method that the patches were created and maybe a compression routine was used on the mondo patch to reduce it size and the regular patch did not need it to keep it under a certain size. Now that is all speculation on my part, but I have always used the mondo patches, in fact, since subscription was introduced, I believe that only mondo patches have been provided.

I have no idea where you will find SHA1s for files that old. Just make sure that you get them from a reliable source.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• eqpu
    eqpu Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have always used the mondo patches

I will use the Mondo patch as well for Quicken 2013 Home and Business as that is the only patch file I have.

I will install Quicken 2013 Home and Business on a totally separate machine and install the patch immediately after installing the main software.

I will then use a copy of the original QDF file (after taking a backup of it first through Quicken Backup and then a direct file backup) from the Quicken 2012 Premier to open it in Quicken 2013 Home and Business and compare all the accounts and number of transactions in each of them, some random reports and numbers within those reports etc. and see if these are same across both Quicken editions. If all goes well, all numbers should match each other and I have to presume that the upgrade of the file has gone through properly.

If I am missing anything, let me know.

Also, if there is any other better way to check the integrity of the upgrade, please let me know.

As you mentioned, I am also not too sure for SHA1 or any other hash value available for these quite old files. However, I gave it a try just in case the web page having any such hash values available, if at all they exist, and someone does know about it.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

Quicken does have a free 2013 Deluxe that you don't have to patch. But you want Home & Business.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• eqpu
    eqpu Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is extremely helpful.

I will also download the free 2013 Deluxe that I don't have to patch for a just in case scenario.

I presume that once I upgrade the file to Quicken 2013 Home and Business, I cannot go back to Quicken 2013 Deluxe. Please confirm my understanding.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@eqpu

Incorrect. You can revert to a lesser edition. But the features available in the higher edition(s) will be unavailable.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• eqpu
    eqpu Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will use the Mondo patch as well for Quicken 2013 Home and Business as that is the only patch file I have.

The mondo patch that I have might be an older mondo patch and not the latest one as the hash does not match with the mondo patch available at

I will use the latest mondo patch available at above website.