Income Txns Missing from Checking Acct Income View

Options

I'm running Quicke Classic Deluxe, ver. 7.6.1 on macOS 14.4.1 (Sonoma).

I see 3 Views for a checking account - "Transactions", "Spending" and "Income". On this particular account the only income is from transfers. In the "Transaction" View the transfer category looks like - Transfer:[acct1]. When I switch to the "Income" View the transfers no longer appear.

Why don't the transfers appear in the "Income" View and how can I get them to appear?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Because a transfer into the account is money coming from another account - it's money that you already had so it's not considered income. Income would be things like paychecks or interest deposits. It's the same with the Spending tab - transfers out of the account aren't considered spending & don't show up on the Spending tab.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Because a transfer into the account is money coming from another account - it's money that you already had so it's not considered income. Income would be things like paychecks or interest deposits. It's the same with the Spending tab - transfers out of the account aren't considered spending & don't show up on the Spending tab.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can force transfers to show up along with income in reports and in your budget. But as @Jon said, not on the account sub-page for income, because it's not income.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993