One step update

Options

When I do a one step update, it always shows errors. When I look at the details, it is because I check three accounts and sometimes there is no new activity to update on one or more of the accounts. Is it possible to stop that error message? I have tried the check boxes at the bottom of the update box, but that does nothing to stop this. Is there another setting somewhere I need to change?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please describe the errors you are seeing. What are the error messages and or codes?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• emonskie
    emonskie Member ✭✭
    Options

First I get a red message in the update box that there are errors. If I click on that, I get the OL-393A error. When I click on the link, it shows my three accounts and usually at least one does not have any new transactions to update.

I have followed my bank instructions to disconnect all of my accounts, and then reconnect them. That made no difference. This started after one of the Quicken updates was done. Never had this before after using Quicken for over 5 years now.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe the following Support Article will be of help?: https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-393 .

Do you have Mobile & Web Sync turned ON? (Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web). If so, turn it OFF and try doing Reset Account and if that does not work, try doing the deactivate/reactivate process (for all 3 of the accounts), again.

Have you tried doing Validate? (File > Validate & Repair file)

If that does not fix the issue, you could go to File > New Quicken File > name it TEST > no need to set it up for Mobile & Web > try adding your your accounts for download. If it works, then it indicates there might be some issue with your main data file that is either broken or corrupted. If it does not, then it indicates that perhaps you main data file is OK but there is something else that is causing the issue.

Another option is to restore the last backup file from before when the Quicken update occurred. Quicken automatically saves a backup of the last data file of the version that is being updated from. Go to where your automatic backup files are saved and look for that backup file. It will have the version that was being updated from inserted into the name of that backup file like is shown of the example (shaded in yellow) in this picture.:

When you restore the backup file, save it with a unique name so it does not overwrite your main data file. Then try doing OSU to see if you no longer get this error code.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)