Fidelity 401 k has a duplicate entry for Cash

Options

Fidelity 401k has a duplicate entry for Cash that has doubled the value of the account when using Simple Tracking.

It is ridiculous that the correct values cannot be automatically downloaded and the only fix is to manually do it yourself. If we can't sync our accounts online, what is the use of paying for Quicken on an annual basis, when no SERVICES are being provided?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If we can't sync our accounts online, what is the use of paying for Quicken on an annual basis, when no SERVICES are being provided?

There are some of us Quicken users — a small but not insignificant minority — who choose to enter our transactions manually. (There are a number of reasons, which we don't need to go into here.) I mention it because many people find Quicken useful for more than just downloading transactions. For me, having all my financial information gathered together in one place, with a history that goes decades into the past, makes Quicken worthwhile even with manual transaction entry. We all use Quicken differently are derive value from what it does for us, so Quicken might be useless to you if there's an issue with downloading one of your accounts, but that doesn't mean it's useless to everyone.

That said, I'm sorry I can't help with your specific issue because I don't have accounts at Fidelity, and all my investment accounts are tracked in Detail mode so that any individual transaction can be adjusted/deleted/entered if necessary to accurately mirror what's happened in the real world account. Hopefully some others will jump in here with useful advice.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UnkleJD
    UnkleJD Member ✭✭
    Options

I USED to have all of my detailed investment data, 18-20 years worth, until Intuit made an update and denied me access to it with an "upgrade".

I also just found out since my post, that another account, a Nelnet loan that had been reporting and logging statement data just fine, had been entering in transactions incorrectly for more than a year. Resulting in a $3k balance discrepancy.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@UnkleJD First, just FYI, Intuit hasn't owned Quicken in nearly a decade.

Quicken updates don't deny people access to their data. Sometimes financial institutions change Quicken's access to data, so if your investment institution switched to only supporting simple rather than detailed tracking, there's nothing Quicken can do about that. You can opt to enter your transacitons manually if you want to maintain your detailed investment information.

Since you've provided only snippets of information about the problems you're encountering, I'd suggest you might want to call Quicken Support. They can even screen share with you to fully understand what has happened, and hopefully get you squared away.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993