No Undo Button???

Options

I just started using quicken and I have to say I am not impressed with the user interface one bit. This seems like it was something out of the 1990s.

At the very least, why is there no undo or escape button when editing a transaction?

I was trying to add a memo to a transaction, fat fingered and accidentally changed the date. "Great", I thought, "I will just hit escape and I will exit the transaction without saving just like every other piece of software in the known universe". Nope.

Quick would not allow me to exit without entering an valid date. The date was valid before, I just accidentally change it and couldn't for the life of me figure out to just tell quicken to undo or revert the change. I had to track down the transaction, find the data in my bank, and change the date back.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, you hit the nail on the head. it is from the 1990s.

the undo / escape button is your backup file :-)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    Options

I don't know why Escape didn't work for you; it certainly works for me.

Before:

Changed:

Hit Esc key:

The only Undo that Quicken Windows (Quicken Mac has undo, because of a rewrite it has a newer database that can support it) has is undo Delete transaction and only for one transaction and only if you do it right after you delete it:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/