Here we go again! The Chase downloaded transactions CHANGED ALL MY ALREADY RECONCILED transactions!!

Options

Once again a HUGE ISSUE! This put me behind for 3-4 years the past time since this happened to my main personal account. Now it just did it again to my business account after working perfectly fine for the past year!? Why did the update all accounts CHANGE MY ALREADY RECONCILED/REVIEWED transactions for ONE CHASE account, luckily not all 10 of them!? WHAT A PITA!!!!!!!!! I even have it set to only download transactions starting 4/1/2024 because of the last time your program sucked with Chase downloaded transactions and put me behind 3-4 years that I had to re-reconcile! And yet that setting DOES NOT WORK. It replaced ALREADY RECONCILED/REVIEWED transactions with different CATEGORY items…uncategorized, a totally different category, etc.

You seriously have issues with CHASE. What are you doing about it??

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You seriously have issues with CHASE. What are you doing about it??

I'm sorry I can't definitively help with the problem you've described, but I just wanted to make you aware that when you post here, you're not talking to the Quicken developers. This is a community forum, so it's mostly fellow users (and a handful of Quicken moderators) helping fellow Quicken users. It sounds like you should contact Quicken Support if you want help with this issue or to shed light on it.

I don't know what could be causing old transactions to be changed, but when I hear this, my first suspicion is that it has something to do with cloud syncing. The first thing I would do is make sure you have your backup files from just prior to this happening in a safe place. When you open any backups, make copies of them first so you leave the original backup untouched in case you need to go back to it later. Before opening a backup, I would make sure syncing with Quicken Cloud isn't the culprit here (which is what my gut tells me to suspect). First, go to Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn Sync to OFF. Then go to Settings > Connected Services and click the Reset button to wipe out your existing Quicken Cloud data file. Then, restore a backup from prior to this Chase problem occurring. Immediately repeat the two steps of making sure Cloud Sync is off and again resetting your cloud data file. Only then, update your accounts to download your Chase (and other) transactions.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, I did turn on the mobile sync since I've finally got back in balance after 3-4 years! Jeez…I wish I knew to NOT use it! I tried restoring from the backup (I did not copy the file as I'm just reading it now). It is giving me the following error:

• jacobs
    Options

That dialog is just a warning, and you can safely proceed by clicking the Reset Quicken Cloud button if you're planning to leave Sync turned off.

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

It prompted for a couple passwords (for OLD accounts) and then keeps sitting at the following screen…frozen?

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

And just like that it stopped and effectively worked (I assume since it gave me the next screen). Let's hope!

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

The next was this prompt, which is what I turned ON just last week thinking after I finally updated all my accounts after 3-4 years and the sync working for the past 4-5 months I could utilzie this mobile app, but NOOOO? This obviously is my problem!

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, now after restoring from backup after turning off mobile sync as well as resetting icloud it gives me the following message, which seems okay since it's wanting me to set up an account since it doesn't find any (so turning "off" this setting and resetting icloud must have worked??)

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

And now it WON'T update. It gives the same following error as above (when I went to turn "off" icloud sync + reset icloud)…urghhhhhhh…

• jacobs
    Options

I got confused trying to follow your posts. When you got the dialog above, did you click the "Set up new cloud account" button? And then check again to make sure Sync is Off. (And if it's On, turn it off again, then Reset your cloud account again.)

Just to clarify one thing: there is always a cloud account associated with your desktop file. It contains some identifying information which is used for things like Submit a Problem reports — but if Sync has been off since the cloud account was created, there is none of your transaction data and none of your account login credentials in the cloud account.

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, it just finished updating because I had to re-connect all my usernames/passwords to all download accounts and it WORKED:) I will NEVER AGAIN turn on the mobile sync!!! Urghhhhhhhhhhh

• jacobs
    Options

@Teresa S Sorry you had to go through all that. Hopefully without the mobile sync turned on, you won't have any similar problem in the future.

(For what it's worth, I never enable mobile sync with my data file, specifically because I see users like you run into problems and have to jump through hoops to get squared away. So although it wasn't your intention, thank you for helping me and other Quicken users who may read this to decide to stay away from mobile sync!)

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Options

LOL, glad to be of service :)