How can I reset/purge all Match Manually transactions for an account?

Options

Windows Quicken Classic Deluxe, R55.26 Build 27.1.55.26

I was dismayed to discover that my Match Manually list has ballooned. It's already been a frustrating process to tell it to ignore certain transactions (like, ones I voided but want to keep in the register for my own record keeping purposes) but now there are hundreds of entries to have to scroll through because I had to reset the accounts with my credit union.

Connecting and disconnecting the accounts resulted in it re-downloading a history of transactions (definitely good!) but also marked all of the old, previously marked transactions to now show up the Match Manually list (very bad!). I am not going through them all one-by-one to fix up whatever happened to the original posting date data. How can this be remedied with the least amount of pain?

There are a lot of complains about how Match Manually works. Any chance that someone from Quicken is reading these and working on a better user experience?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tale,

Unfortunately, Quicken Classic for Windows does not currently have the ability for remove transactions from the Match Manually dialogue. Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead which is currently marked as Planned. If you would like to be notified of updates on this feature as they become available, you can go ahead and bookmark the thread by clicking the bookmark icon on the top-right corner.

Alternatively, if this is not quite what you are looking for and wish to submit your own request for something more specific, then you can create your own idea post

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tale
    tale Member
    Options

Thank you, Anja. I am happy to hear that this is finally being addressed.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.