Investments @ Merrill Will Not Synchronize in Quicken for Windows

Options
THR
THR Member ✭✭

I am using Quicken Classic for Windows Deluxe, Release R55.26, Build 27.1.55.26 with Windows 11.

I have an investment account and an IRA account at Merrill and download transactions. Merrill uses Direct Connect. I had a T-bill investment in each account that matured 4/9/24. Upon maturity, I reinvested the funds in a new T-bill maturing 10/3/24. So the same original security and the same replacement security. I confirmed the trades all settled last week. I downloaded transactions from Merrill on Saturday. Quicken correctly imported the sale of the 4/9/24 T-bills, but did not import the replacement10/3/24 securities. Actually, Quicken showed that I reinvested the money in the securities that matured 4/9/24.

In the IRA account, I deleted the erroneous entry and tried downloading again, but that did not work.

In the investment account, I manually created the T-bill investment, including the ticker / CUSIP number from Merrill. So, on one hand, the Holdings appear correct, but Quicken will not show a current market value (making my account look out of balance). Further, when I look at the Security Detail View for the security I manually created, it does not show the CUSIP ID that I entered and the Matched with Online Security checkbox is empty and greyed out; I can't edit it. Finally, if I go to the Online Center and click on the Merrill account and click on Compare to Portfolio, Quicken claims that Merrill is showing I still have the 4/9/24 investment while it also claims Merrill does not show the 10/3/24 investment.

I called Quicken over the weekend and was told this was a Merrill issue given the connection type. I called Merrill this morning and they do not have a Quicken support team.

I have already tried to deactivate and reactivate online services to no avail. My last resort is to restore a backup I have from 4/9/24 and hope that all the transactions from Merrill will redownload.

One final note. I was going to use the manually created security in my IRA account to bring it into balance, but Quicken won't let me.

Any thoughts before I take this nuclear option? I hope there is a solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"So the same original security and the same replacement security. "

That might be the error right there. Each T-Bill has a unique CUSIP number and that information comes from the broker when you establish a new security. And if the broker is providing quotes for a security it's the CUSIP number that it's looking for.

• THR
    THR Member ✭✭
    Options

So you are suggesting that somehow Merrill is sending me the wrong CUSIP for the 10/3/24 t - bill? It is sending the CUSIP for the 4/9/24 t - bill instead? I will have to call Merrill to ask them to confirm the two CUSIPs.