Erroneous Data in Spending Reports

Options

Whenever I run a report on a specific item, Quicken 55.15 pulls erroneous data. So today, I want to know how much the family spent on Appearance > Personal, i.e., hair & makeup. I get the correct data, plus information about medical insurance…

Happens with every report preparation…

Help!

Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken is working on improving the Reports & Graphs Center and the report customization interfaces and unfortunately the new versions are not ready for prime time. One problem is that unwanted Categories are sometimes included in reports.

Try going to Edit > Preferences > Early Access and un-checking both boxes to return to the old interfaces.

Please let us know if this resolves the problem, and if it does, use the Help > Report a Problem link to report the issues you are seeing.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mcmoskowitz1
    mcmoskowitz1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Had similar issue, trying to isolate expenses for a specific payee over several years using the itemized payee report. Selected the date range, and deselected all payees except the desired one. Report showed many more payees then the one desired. Went back to customize, and multiple payees had been selected again. Deselected again, report still showed many more payees than one desired, and customize now showed only my desired payee selected. Changed Early Access back to old interfaces and the report works.

Why introduce something if it is this broken? Terrible. Worse is that I didn't even choose early access, it was automatically selected.

• MRT1953
    MRT1953 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry about the slow response, but 'tis the season to sort out one's debts to we, the people. Removing "Early Access" worked for me - thanks. But I don't understand why I should now report a problem which no longer exist…

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I don't understand why I should now report a problem which no longer exist…

If you and others don't report the issues with the new report interfaces, Quicken will think everything is OK and/or very few people are affected, and they will not fix the problems. Eventually they will eliminate the old interfaces and leave us with the broken ones.

The more reports they get, the more likely they are to take the problems seriously.

• MRT1953
    MRT1953 Member ✭✭
    Options

Got it, Jim! I was assuming that your advice was coming from a Quicken support person, not in your be-caped crusader role as SuperUser! I've used the "Report a Problem" feature in Quicken to formally get the issue in front of them!

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I've used the "Report a Problem" feature in Quicken to formally get the issue in front of them!

Thank you. The only people here who work for Quicken are those whose user names start with "Quicken".