How to install Quicken 2011 on a new computer running Windows 11 (edit)

Options

I do not have the setup disk I used more than 10 years ago. I do not want to use the new subscription program. Best Buy Geek Squad was supposed to migrate to my new computer and they did not do it. They removed my old computer hard drive and gave it to me. It was running Windows 10. I do have another old computer with the program on it, but it has not been updated since 2017. Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    Options

If you don't have the Q2011 install disk you're kinda stuck.

BUT, you can get Q Deluxe 2013 for free from here and install that. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kansasgrandpa
    Options

To NotACPA:

Where do I find the download of Q Deluxe 2013. I searched, but could not find it.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

click and read thru the instructions above for getting Q2013

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

here….

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• kansasgrandpa
    Options

The link Quicken 2013 for Windows only brings up Instructions and not the file download.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20
    Options

When I click on the link shown by the red arrow it quickly downloads the .exe file to the Download Folder in Windows. I then to go to the Download Folder… and copy the file to the desktop.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• kansasgrandpa
    Options

Unfortunately when I click on the red arrow all I get is a screenshot and no download of Quicken 13. I have looked everywhere for the download and it is nowhere to be found. Any more help would be appreciated.

Also does Quicken Simplifi run similar to Quicken 13?

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    Options

You are clicking on my screenshot and you should be clicking on Quicken's web page under the section I show in the screenshot I posted.

When you click on this just to the right of the red arrow (while displaying Quickens web page) it should download an .exe file as I pointed out. Click on this:

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN ON QUICKEN'S WEB PAGE WITHOUT FAIL….

• kansasgrandpa
    Options

When I click on the "Quicken 2013 for Windows" this is where it sent me to.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031128/uploads/V9QAZ30P7OFU/screenshot-2024-04-21-192418.jpg

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are clicking on my SCREENSHOTS… You need to be on Quicken's web page… @NotACPA gave you the link on his first post above… Good luck…. if you still have trouble you might get with a freind who is more familiar with downloading and installing software using Windows 11.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kansasgrandpa - @NotACPA provided you with the link that will take you to where you can download Quicken 2013 Deluxe in the 1st reply to your post above.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Start over. First go here,

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

THEN It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and … as per above

https://bit.ly/Quicken2013

QWin - R54.16 - Win10