Can't reinstall/upgrade Quicken 2015 on new laptop in UK ??

Options
dbu99
dbu99 Member ✭✭

I have a 2015 vintage Lenovo Thinkpad laptop running Windows 10 with Quicken 2015 (Home & Business) installed. The laptop can't be upgraded to Windows 11 and, because Microsoft is stopping support for Windows 10, I need to buy a replacement. I think there are two options for Quicken on the new laptop:

1. Upgrade to the latest version of Quicken Classic and pay the annual subscription, or
  2. Reinstall my existing version of Quicken.

I would be happy to upgrade to the latest version of Quicken Classic but it is not an option because I now live in the UK and no longer have a credit card with a US address/zip code. Trying to make a purchase with a non-US address on the Quicken website doesn't work.

So I think my only option is to reinstall my existing version of Quicken. Now I purchased and downloaded Quicken from "Amazon Digital Services Inc" (I have the receipt), but unfortunately I no longer have a copy of the downloaded install file or the authorization code (if there was one).

So I think I am stuck ... suggestions on what to do will be really welcome.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding the foreign address issue, try using any US address, it won't matter (how about the UK embassy or consulate). Nothing comes in snail mail anymore, so a postal address is just a formality. Just make sure that you use a valid email address, all contact with Quicken comes via email.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

as mentioned - the US address is just anything.
    Not sure on the CC - have not seen that pop up before… try it with US address and let us know what happens

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dbu99
    dbu99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Using a US address doesn't work. I actually tried it about 12-18 months ago when Quicken were offering an upgrade at a discount. Credit card companies check the address on a purchase against the address registered against the card and decline the purchase if they don't match. I have credit/debit cards with US banks but they're registered to my UK home address so the purchase fails. I even phoned Quicken support and they told me they now only target/service US or Canadian users. This probably makes sense for them, since providing a version of Quicken to support UK tax laws would be a lot of work and probably wouldn't generate many sales.