Risk of Overdraft warning

Options

This problem has gone on since last fall. It used to work just fine. Yes, I validated and supervalidated. I commented on another thread that never got any more responses, but I'm wondering if I am the only one with this issue.

On my home screen, in the "what's left in your checking" square always shows a negative balance, so in terms of actually helping me with cash flow it's completely useless.

When you click the "Risk of Overdraft" box- the next view shows accurate information. I cannot figure out why it would show a negative number on the home page.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In your Account Bar (that shows all of your accounts) what's the sum of the Accounts in the BANKING group that are above the thin line (i.e., above any credit card accounts)?

I don't normally use that panel, but when I looked at it just now, mine appears to be accurate.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CRS
    CRS Member ✭✭
    Options

It's about $7600, so matches the 2nd picture. So my first picture says I have -$5893 in my "checking accounts", and then when you click the "risk of overdraft" button, then the numbers are correct, and also match my 2 checking account totals. So at least I can still effectively do my cash flow planning there, but I have no idea why this number is so random (even if I tried to back into it with credit cards, etc- I cant get there)…and seeing a negative number on my home screen is always disconcerting.

• CRS
    CRS Member ✭✭
    Options

So right now, the difference between my actual checking account balance and the one on the screen with "risk of overdraft"- is close to $14000. When I add up the payments already entered in my checking register that are future dated, i.e. for mortgage, credit cards, etc- then I get very close to that number. I also have future dated deposits in there, but if this is the issue, then a few things- 1) it shouldn't be showing future dated transactions in my current balance 2) weird that it wouldn't also include future deposits. But again, the actual graph that shows the cash flow by day is accurate and that is how I can manage my cash flow…just no idea why the home screen number is incorrect. Makes me check and recheck all the time.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Among the "Selected Accounts' (2nd graphic) have you selected ALL of the banking accounts?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CRS
    CRS Member ✭✭
    Options

No, just the checking.