My paycheck is direct deposited into 3 separate bank accounts.

Options

My paycheck is direct deposited into 3 separate bank accounts. When I update my accounts (download bank transactions) to reconcile activity, if I match either the second or third deposit, the main deposit disappears in my checking account. How do you prevent this from happening.

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you recording those 3 deposits?

I'd pick one, main, account and show all of the gross income and deductions there. Among those deductions would be transfers to the other 2 accounts as the amounts actually to be deposited into them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd suggest you set up a Scheduled Paycheck Reminder in your main checking account, the one that the bulk of the paycheck goes to. In the reminder setup you enter the gross amount and all the deductions, including the transfers to the other two accounts.

When you receive the pay stub and BEFORE you download transactions from any of these banks record the paycheck reminder making any adjustments as needed.
    Now you have correct transactions in all the accounts.
    When you download transactions from the banks with the deposit / transfer confirmations, Quicken should be able to just match the downloaded transaction to the already existing register transactions and not cause any problems.

• Jim Aydelott
    Jim Aydelott Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm doing that already. The problem occurs when bank transactions are downloaded. If I match the three separate transactions, the two transfers duplicate. When I delete the downloaded transactions for the transfers, the main paycheck disappears in the check register. I know there is a bug in how Quicken handles these as I've tried starting from scratch and the same thing happens.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 2 transfers duplicate in WHAT account?

And, why aren't they Matching? Does the amount differ? Or are the dates off by more than a day or 2?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP