Opening Bank Balance Deleted

Options

Two of my Wells Fargo opening bank account balances from initial setup were recently deleted when updating. No previous issues with these accounts and several other Wells Fargo accounts weren't affected. Any ideas on what would cause the two opening balance transactions to suddenly disappear?

Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When changing or updating the connection method (like when we reauthorize an account, reset an account or deactivate/reactivate an account) sometimes (not usually) the Opening Balance dollar amount will get changed. Were your WF account connections changed or updated recently?

It's a known issue for a long time and I'm surprised that it's not fixed yet. It is recommended that the correct Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts get entered and saved into the Memo fields of those transactions. Then it will always be able to easily determine if/when it happens in the future and it will be very easy to fix when it does.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• GalenO
    GalenO Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. Nothing changed, to my knowledge, regarding the WF account connections. Worked fine one day last week and then the next day the opening balances were deleted. Has worked fine the last few days since I reentered the opening balances. Great recommendation regarding noting the balances in the Memo field.

• GalenO
    GalenO Member
    Options

Besides entering into the opening balance Memo field, I entered the opening balances and opening date in the Notes field just in case the opening balance transaction is deleted—as it was in the case of two of my WF accounts.