Closed account

Options

Hi,

I closed an account mistake. I can see that there's now way to correct the mistake and reopen it. I was able to create a new account from my bank with a similar name but could only download about 60 days worth of transactions.

Is there a way to copy all of the reconciled transactions of the closed account into a the new account?

Thanks,

Don

Best Answer

• MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried to restore from your last back-up? If your last back-up is from yesterday or a few days ago and restore the back-up. The problem is you will have to add any transactions again from the prior back-up. But that should be easer than having to try to reenter all prior transactions from the deleted account. Also a good reminder to back-up every few days.

Answers

• MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried to restore from your last back-up? If your last back-up is from yesterday or a few days ago and restore the back-up. The problem is you will have to add any transactions again from the prior back-up. But that should be easer than having to try to reenter all prior transactions from the deleted account. Also a good reminder to back-up every few days.

• DonnyC
    DonnyC Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. It worked perfectly. The last restore point was in January and at first the more recent transactions didn't download but after a couple of tries, they all came through and reconciled perfectly. Thanks again!

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let this be a hard learned lesson to make Quicken backups more often. Grab a 4-8 GB USB thumbdrive and save them on it at least weekly or after every Quicken update.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list