Portfolio Value on Dashboard - graph does not change when selected accounts are changed

Options
Paul McMillin
Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭

I changed the Portfolio Value card on my dashboard to only show my retirement accounts. The value total in the card title changed fine, but the graph still shows the value of ALL my accounts, not just the retirement accounts. I assume this is a bug of some sort. Anyone else have this problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. When I change the Accounts Displayed (via the 3 dots in the upper right of the "Portfolio Value" panel), the amount changes in the manner that I'd expect. And there's over a 500:1 difference in value between my Taxable account and the sum of the Retirement accounts … so the change is most apparent.

Have you tried taking a backup and then Validating your Q data file to see if that helps?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    Options

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. The amount in the top of the card next to the card title does change as expected and is correct. It is the line graph in the card that does not change. The graph still reflects the history and total of ALL my accounts, not just the retirement accounts. However I just noticed if I change the time frame from Last 6 months to Last 90 days, I get the correct graph. Changing back to Last 6 months, I get an incorrect graph. Hmmmm. That's very strange.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope, not seeing that. My Line graph changed when I went from "Retirement" to "Investing" accounts.

It's kinda a small graph. Is the value difference between your account types sufficiently significant (as is mine) that the change in the graph would be evident?

And, have you selected the "Y axis at Zero" option? On mine, that just causes an almost flat line to move up on the scale, but the shape of the line changes little … so I don't use that option.

I'm running R55.26.

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes the change in value is significant. I do not use the y axis at zero option, for the same reason as you. Using same R55.26 latest build. I can live with looking at 90 days instead of 6 months, but it is strange.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You hadn't previously mentioned the Time period. My graph is set at YTD, so I tried changing it to 90 days and 6 months.

I still couldn't replicate what you're reporting. The graphs of Investing vs. Retirement are similar at the time periods you're using … but sufficiently different that I can easily identity the differences.

By any chance are your Investing and Retirement accounts invested similarly, so that the growth in one group would match (or almost match) the growth in the other group? While I hold 1 security (former employer's stock) in both groups, the other investments appear solely in the Retirement accounts.