Frustratingly slow

Options

Windows desktop version so slow on my laptop… almost unuseable… But even worse it often takes 4 days to update transactions. I hate feeling 4 days behind in not knowing where my budget is. Coming over from MINT I miss seeing transactions no more than 6 hours after the expenditure happened. Unaccepetable Quicken. I have called in to see if possibly I am missing a setting only to hear support assistants tell me they are unaware of any speed problems. Sheeesh! I told the last guy to check the many community posts on the subject.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DaddioRick,

Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this issue with? When did this issue begin to occur? Are you only observing slowness regarding downloading transactions? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dcwing08
    dcwing08 Member
    Options

My quicken has been incredibly slow in every aspect for well over a year. One step updates I can live with - just start and walk away for a bit. But accepting downloaded transactions, entering data, switching between accounts takes forever. Just switching between a bank account and an investment account took 10+ seconds. getting autofill to populate a category when you are entering a transaction takes 2-3 seconds. I regularly validate and super validate my file with no material errors. I've worked professionally with enough technology to know there is something seriously wrong with how Quicken is working - probably incredibly inefficient caching and memory management.

I see numerous posts about this, but no meaningful response from Quicken about any root cause analysis being done or expected resolution to the problems. And I have had the same experience with tech support when I've reported this (more than once): first it's an issue with your PC, and then your data file is too big. In this day and age both of those responses are nonsense.

I have looked at switching to other applications as a result of this, but the amount of effort of actually converting all of my history is a real impediment.

Is there any expectation that this issue will be resolved?