Invesco Mutual Fund issue after data file validation

Options

A few months back I had to do a data validation on my Quicken file. The result was some really screwy things, but as I was posting my detail into my Invesco account (I made it a brokerage account when I set it up) and then added the 3 funds to it - OVER 10 years ago. I have always posted everything manually each quarterly when I get the statement.

After the validation - I noticed that YEARS of details (reinvestments, purchases, etc) were missing! I had no idea how many or what years, but knew it was a significant amount that were missing) and had no idea what to do. I decided to bite the bullet and delete the entire account and lose all the detail and just begin again starting 1/1/24. As I was trying to re-establish it, I noticed that Invesco was one company where you could download from (I've never done that for anything other than my bank account).

I tried to go in by giving it my user name and PW, but it would not download any detail at all, other than the account names. I threw up my hands and deleted the account names again and decided to go back to the original plan of starting over as of 1/1/24!

My question is: Is there a way now that I've posted the details for each of the 3 funds in the account to get the back detail re-entered somehow through the online account by download?

I'm sure I've not explained this completely, so please ask me questions and I'll try to be more specific.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

There are several things you might have done after you noticed that the transactions were missing, including restoring a backup of your data file from before the validation or before whatever problem caused you to run the validation. I hope you have checked the settings at Edit > Preferences > Backup and now have Quicken set to make both manual and automatic backups each time you run Quicken. Store the manual backups on a removable drive like a USB thumb drive in case your hard drive fails.

To answer your question, brokerages vary widely on how much history is downloaded when you enable downloading. Some are 90 days or less, some will download years of transactions. You can try enabling downloads again - after backing up your file in case something goes wrong! - to see what happens. Before doing this, go to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and make sure the Automatically add to investment transaction lists box is un-checked. That way you will have the opportunity to review and correct each downloaded transaction and delete any duplicates. For example, transfers to other Quicken accounts may download as Deposits or Withdrawals and you will need to edit them to set the correct destination.

When setting up the online connection, be sure to select the option to link the Invesco account to your existing account in Quicken rather than adding a new account. You may be able to access more history by downloading and importing a QFX (Web Connect) file from Invesco.

QWin Premier subscription