Cetera Investment Services: The operation failed. null (2000) QMac

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Cetera connection error - We were unable to connect (QWin)

Comments

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

Same problem since a few days ago. I have been faithfully submitting logs to Quicken daily. This is the error result:

We were unable to connect. Message from Cetera Investment Services: The operation failed. null (2000)

I can login to the Cetera Investment Services website with the same credentials as Quicken connect.

I am running Quicken Classic Deluxe for Mac (Version 7.6.1 (Build 706.52627.100)

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How do we go about getting a ticket opened? As stated on my original post I have been sending in reports daily. Can we at least know if this is being looked at?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lkrupp,

Please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding download error 2000.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

"We were unable to connect. Message from Cetera Investment Services: The operation failed. null (2000)"

The above is the message from Cetera’s servers. So is the problem at Quicken’s end or at Cetera’s end? Has Cetera stopped connections to Quicken like some other companies have (Kohls, Dillards for example). How do I find out? Should I start manually entering transactions?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Being that download error 2000 is a Direct Connect error code. This would indicate that the issue originated on the financial institution's side since using Direct Connect means that you are using the financial institution's servers to connect to Quicken.

Due to this, we recommend reaching out to the financial institution for further assistance. It is also recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Okay, so I just got off the phone with Patrick at Cetera Investment Services Technology Support. He is aware of problems they are having with Quicken and is directing customers and advisors to Quicken Support. So now we have the classic he said/she said Catch 22 in which each side is blaming the other. Patrick did say that Cetera has NOT stopped allowing Quicken Direct connections that he is aware of and was involved in a conversation about the issue just last week.

So I guess I’m out of luck at this point and must revert to manual entry of transactions. So much for high tech financial support.