R56.9 - Download problem hangs/freezes (edit)

Options

So why isn't the download transactions functionality working -getting STUCK & hanging in this version? Been trying to download transactions ALL DAY LONG & every time I try it starts the process but this hangs/freezes & I have to turn it off in Task Mgr because it tells me it's NOT RESPONDING.
Please PLEASE test these products B4 releasing!! 🤬

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Randall_SNG,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Did it start immediately after updating to the latest version of Quicken?

Usually, issues with freezing/hanging are caused by file-specific issues. To start troubleshooting this, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randall_SNG
    Randall_SNG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your prompt response! Unfortunately neither option made any difference.

This just started happening today!

Just updated to the latest version a few days ago. This is my first & only issue I've experienced with this new version.

Still hangs & have to go to Task Mgr to End Task. This isn't a file issue. It has something to do with Quicken making an external connection. Was this tested?

One thing I did change was I turned on the ability to download Pending transactions. That's the ONLY change I've made in the new version.

Please advise next steps

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Apr 26 21:54:59 2024]

Maximum security reference: 30, number of securities: 30.
    All security references are within the normal range.

Super validation has completed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You mentioned this has to do with Quicken making an external connection. Are you getting any error messages indicating this? If not, what is leading you to this conclusion?

Assuming that there is a problem establishing an external connection rather than a file issue, there are a few things that may help. If you use a VPN, you may want to turn it off while using your Quicken. Sometimes anti-virus software or a firewall can interfere with Quicken's communication. To test for that, you'd want to pause the software while running One Step Update and see if that corrects the issue. Finally, if you have your file set to sync to the Quicken Cloud, try turning off the cloud sync to see if that helps. To turn it off, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then turn Sync off.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Randall_SNG
    Randall_SNG Member ✭✭
    Options

Are you getting any error messages indicating this? If not, what is leading you to this conclusion?

Well, I've been in IT for 30+ years & a Quicken user for almost as long…AND it hangs when trying to download transactions.
    I don't have a VPN so that's not an issue.
    I turned the sync off as you suggested & that permitted the downloading to complete.

Turned it back on & clicked the Syncy button & it froze again.

How long until this is fixed. Apparently this wasn't tested thoroughly by the Quicken team the first time, so when can I expect a fix??

Thanks!

• Randall_SNG
    Randall_SNG Member ✭✭
    Options

Is someone working on the root cause? This type of issue would impact every user that attempts to Sync up accounts!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. However, in order to investigate this, we will need information from you. Please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

• Mike Bodnar
    Mike Bodnar Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same problem as Randall_SNG following the R56.9 update. I also was able to complete the downloading by turniung off Sync. And, just like Randall_SNG, when I turned Sync back on, it froze again.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Mike Bodnar try doing a validate and super validate with the SYNC turned on. I have heard from other users that this fixed the OSU freezing issue. I am not sure it will work in your situation, but it is worth a try.