Changed Banks - how to keep future transactions (edit)

Options

I recently changed banks. I put in my register all the transactions for the year that I know will be occurring ahead of time. For example direct deposits, transfers that happen on a regular basis, automatic withdrawals etc. Is there a way to move those transactions to the new bank account from the old bank account. Trying to avoid having to put them all in manually if I can.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the first such transaction to select it. Hold down the CTRL key and click on the LAST such transaction. Then, right click on any selected transaction and click "Move Transaction(s)"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the first such transaction to select it. Hold down the CTRL key and click on the LAST such transaction. Then, right click on any selected transaction and click "Move Transaction(s)"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rooster6662
    Rooster6662 Member
    Options

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the info!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Instead of laboriously pre-populating your register with a year's worth of recurring transactions, please consider using Scheduled Reminders instead.

If something changes, instead of having to change a number of transactions, you simply change the scheduled reminder's "current and all future instances" to make the change, e.g., to update your rent or to pay from a different account.

Register settings allow you to see future instances of scheduled reminders "as if they were real register transactions already". That helps with planning future account balances.

There also is the Projected Balances view, available under the Bills & Income tab. This view also allows you to see, with a graph, how your selected accounts' balances will perform over a selected future time period (30, 60, 90 days, etc.)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

yes - Reminders - I have all our payments setup as Reminders, even with unknown payment amounts that I just fill in when the actual bill or event happens. I review the Calendar, and can see all the upcoming bills, events, charities, taxes, etc …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10