I got a new computer and can't load quicken with a disc so need help

Options

My computer crashed and burned and I can't find out how to load the Quicken I already paid for. Help!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your profile shows you have Quicken Subscription. If so, and if you have already created your Quicken.com account, log into it and download it from there.

If you have not already created your Quicken.com account, you can download the software from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it . Then during the installation you will be prompted to enter the activation code that should have come with the disc that you bought.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

more details … what version ?
    Are you on the current subscription version ?
    if so - then you download from the Quicken website - if not …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your profile shows you have Quicken Subscription. If so, and if you have already created your Quicken.com account, log into it and download it from there.

If you have not already created your Quicken.com account, you can download the software from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it . Then during the installation you will be prompted to enter the activation code that should have come with the disc that you bought.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then do you have a backup of your data file? For Windows it ends in .qdf and .qdf-backup.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 27
    Options

@linwoo6279 - To add to what @volvogirl asks: Installing the software alone will not bring back your data because all of that was saved in a data file that was on your hard drive and on any other drive that you might have saved a backup file to. You will need to open that file or restore it with your new Quicken installation in order to view and manage it, again. But if you lost those data files in your computer crash then your only option is to start a new data file from scratch.

One other comment: If you have been backing up your computer files to a Cloud storage site, then you might want to search there to see if there is a copy of your QDF file or QDF-backup file there. If it is, you can download it to your hard drive and then you can try to open it with Quicken.