Transaction downloads duplicating accounts

JaneGarner
JaneGarner Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am transferring my data from windows to mac. I successfully uploaded the windows file and it imported to quicken for mac with correct numbers and transactions. Now it is telling me to "set up transaction download for accounts you have added to Quicken" and that this must be done for it to download transactions in the future. I get that.

However, when I set these up, then it duplicated all my accounts and the amounts were off….like way off on some. For my Costco card, instead of showing the $500 balance I owed, it showed that I have a $176K credit in my favor. That's totally wrong. For my other banking accounts and savings accounts, it's adding duplicate accounts and the transactions are off.

How can I just have it start updating to the current accounts that came over from the windows file and just do the new transactions from today's date?

Answers

• JaneGarner

(FYI….I did delete it all and started over. So now I'm at the point to set up the transaction downloads and I don't want to have it duplicate everything again.)

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

It sounds like the FITID numbers — the unique identifier a financial institution adds to every transaction so Quicken can see if it's a duplicate. Perhaps they didn't transfer, of perhaps your financial institution(s) generate different number for Mac versus Windows. (In Quicken Mac, you can temporarily enable the FITID column and compare the numbers to their counter on Windows.)

Fortunately, this is a one-time problem in getting converted over. What you can do is create an account for downloading, but this time Add the account instead of Linking it to the existing account. Open the two account windows side by side, and delete the duplicates in the new account, which likely go back 90 days. Then Select All in the old account, and drag all the transactions to the new account. Then you can delete the empty old account, and your new account will be set up for downloads, with all your transaction history. There's probably a placeholder back at the beginning of time for the account to gert there new balance to what it should be; delete that placeholder. Then double-check the combined account to make sure the balance is correct.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JaneGarner
    edited April 30

thank you for your advice.

This discussion has been closed.