Save All Fields does not appear to work for paycheck deposit

Options

Reference: Quicken Classic Deluxe, 7.6.1
I have changed categories and amounts in my semi-monthly paycheck several times, and have selected the Save: All Fields (as opposed to Categories) as I recorded the paycheck. The fields and amounts have not updated. This has been going on for a month or two. Sorry, I am not submitting a screen shot for this!

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You're referring to the setting to save a QuickFill transaction. Do you have a unique Payee for your paycheck deposit? So you next need to look at your QuickFill transactions for this Payee: go to Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules. Is there ea single rule for this Payee, or are there more than one? Payees with more than one rule have a ">" to the left of the name; click the ">" to see the multiple QuickFill rules. If there are multiple rules, it sounds like you should delete all but one, which has your most-current split information. You can also manually edit the QuickFill rule here, if it doesn't have all the splits set up exactly as you need them.

You can test that it's working by manually entering a transaction for the Patee and selecting the QuickFill rule under the Payee name in the pop-up Payee match list.

If that's not working for you, please post back with more details.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the thorough answer. The one piece missing from your explanation was that I needed to go to the Quickfill Rules tab. I deleted all four rules for my paycheck, and will create a new one when I get my next paycheck.

I wasn't aware of that functionality. When was it introduced?

• jacobs
    Options

The one piece missing from your explanation was that I needed to go to the Quickfill Rules tab.

Sorry it wasn’t clear; that’s exactly what I was intending to convey when I wrote “go to Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules”.

QuickFill rules were introduced back in 2017.

• Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I guess Quicken has been quietly adding functionality to the program, some of which was obvious, like the much-improved Bills & Income tab, and some of which becomes apparent only to those who explore the menus a bit. I will allow that Quicken for Macintosh is a much better program now than when I started using it six years ago.

• jacobs
    Options

Quick is a program with a lot of complexity in all its features and options. What’s a shame is that there isn’t a comprehensive learning guide with the depth to dig into those details. Of course, no software comes with a detailed user manual like everything did a few decades ago, so this isn’t a Quicken-only issue by any means, but it’s hard for users to keep up with and know how to use all the features they’ve put in over the years.