Securities Comparison Mismatch

jah47Ed
jah47Ed Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Quicken Classic Premier (R56.9/27.1.56.9) On-going issue, not traceable to any specific release. All related to established new accounts at Fidelity and having to "Add" securities in April. Three of the four "Fido" accounts show "Securities Comparison Mismatch"; the Brokerage Account is the only account perfectly matched with "Fido" account. I reviewed Accounts List; it looks like all accounts are set up the same way, as to connecting with "Fido" servers. I can download dividends, distributions, MMF interest, etc. How to fix? I'm not inclined to spend hours setting up Placeholder entries and then trying to "fix" them. Where is the disconnect? Why isn't Quicken recognizing all "Fido" accounts? Jeff/Edmond OK

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Fidelity client also. What types of accounts ARE connecting? What type aren't?

And, if you're not willing to invest the time to discover the cause of the issue, probably placeholders, then it won't be resolved. ONLY YOU can explore this. There's no "magic wand" fix.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jah47Ed

Four brokerage accounts, five counting the VIP Annuity. Three of the accounts show the issue I described, only the "main" account, the Brokerage Account, the account that is most frequently accessed, is free of the mismatch. I did not check the VIP Annuity. I am trying to discover the cause of this issue, easier if other Quicken and Fidelity clients have experience this before and have found a "fix".

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Every time I've had to correct a mismatched security (only a couple of times) from Fidelity, I had to edit the security to correct the security name or the symbol. One thing I've run into with Fidelity transaction downloads, if a security has been merged or been issued a special offering that has its own CUSIP, Quicken will request a match with a current security at time of the download and, if you select a security as a match, Quicken will possibly change the security's CUSIP to match the special offering's and it will not match future regular transactions for that security. Just guessing at how it may have occurred.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• jah47Ed

Does Quicken seek to match CUSIP numbers or ticker symbols with "FIDO' servers?

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 1

@jah47Ed for online connections, the CUSIP is used. Initially with you set up a security on Quicken you use a fund ID that typically is the Ticker. When Quicken successfully establishes a security match with your financial institution, then the CUSIP is populated in the security set up in Quicken. When you look at your security list, if the CUSIP ID is populated for the security then a successful link has been made.

• jah47Ed

Sounds quite logical - I'll check for "void/"empty"" CUSIP numbers…

• QuickUserPSP
    edited May 1

@jah47Ed - when you are looking at the CUSIPs, also ensure that there is no mismatch of Fund Name and CUSIP. If there is, then that means you have the wrong CUSIP attached to the fund name (and fund ID or Ticker).

• jah47Ed

I need to find a listing of CUSIPs and fund names - I don't think they're available at Fidelity. This involves a lot of research and note-taking. Let me clarify, it is the three accounts that are mutual funds and a few ETFs that do not match. Under the "Investments" Tab, all accounts listed and all of their securities update their closing prices when I do this each evening about 1900 Hours, CST. This tells me there are no "mismatches" between ticker symbol and the server that provides closing prices to Quicken users. It seems, that, for some reason Quicken does not completely recognize what securities it holds, esp. mutual funds and ETFs. Functionally, operationally, apparently it does not make any real difference in day-to-day use; I ,manually input all trades and look to Fidelity to update dividend payments, distributions and the very rare stock-split. This "mismatch" is just "bad form" - it should not exist, but there may not be an easy way to fix it. No "silver bullet". Thanks for all the inputs…

• QuickUserPSP

@jah47Ed - Fidelity should have CUSIPs available for all their funds. At least for all your funds in your online account with them.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1

This seems to work for non-Mutual Funds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fidelityinvestments/comments/18omlvc/cusip_numbers/

Procedure-wise, I would look at the Security List in Quicken to look for the FIDO that does not get an error and see if there are nearby similarly named securities with different CUSIP's. If you hide securities, you may have to also view the hidden securities in the list.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• jah47Ed

Update: I input "placeholders" for all missing mutual funds in two of the three accounts. Under the "Investing" tab - where you can see all of your accounts, the mutual funds disappeared. wonderful! They still appear in each individual account register. I loaded up the last back-up file (it was a day or two old) and am running from it. It still shows the mismatches, but missing funds from two accounts were restored. Back to the proverbial "square one", or just live with it.

This discussion has been closed.