Color codes for account titles to indicate it's been reconciled w/in 30 days [Edited]

Options
rdicon
rdicon Member ✭✭
edited May 6 in Display/UI

Add color code ability for account titles to for example tell when an account has been reconciled. We reconcile monthly and have about 25 different accounts to keep track of. The monthly statements come at different times and the only way to tell if an account has already been reconciled is to open it and verify the R in the Clr column. Being able to change the font color or the background color would give a quick indication of which accounts had been reconciled and completed.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 11
    Options

@rdicon the Account List does have a "Last Reconcile Date" column. I am not sure if that column shows by default of if you need to add it through "Options". This might help you keep track of your account reconciliation process until if and when Quicken makes an enhancement you describe.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hum…. I wonder…,

Say Q lets you change color of account title when it gets reconciled. You reconcile an account and the title color changes to blue. How will you know when to reconcile again as the color of the account title stays blue (the reconciled color).

Wouldn't a "Last Date Reconciled Report" showing all account titles and last date reconciled be better?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• rdicon
    rdicon Member ✭✭
    Options

QuickUserPSP You are correct. There is a "Last Reconcile Date" column but it is in the Account list. You must open the list to see when the last reconcile date was. I was proposing to have the account name on the main transaction page either change font color or change background color to indicate that a reconcile was done within the last 30 days.

retird I propose that the color change last for say 30 days from the last reconcile date and then revert to the standard unreconciled base color. This would indicate monthly that bank or brokerage statements need to be downloaded and reviewed and reconciled to keep the balances current and accurate.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @rdicon,

Thank you for coming to the Community to share your Idea! You may find the Idea post linked below interesting; it's similar to yours, but asking for the color to change when an account hasn't been reconciled in the last 30 days:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not just have the last reconciled date displayed at the top of the register/transaction list?  Somewhere in the Title row or the "Last Downloaded" date row?

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list