EWC+ Limits to one login per Quicken File?

Options

I have a Quicken file that has accounts from 2 different logins at USAA. This was not an issue in the past, but something has changed - I assume it is WEC+ EWC+

It seems that with WEC+ EWC+, you can only be logging into 1 account per institution. Is that correct? (if so - that seems to be a miss on the design) If so, can you connect to USAA via an older method and get back to multiple logins?

[EDIT] for EWC+

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

Well, it isn't "built-in" to Express Web Connect +. My wife and I have accounts are Chase which is now Express Web Connect +, which are separate accounts (retirement accounts) and they are of course in different logins and it all works fine.

That isn't to say that USAA couldn't mess it up and not allow it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I remember that users were having an issue with multiple log ins with American Express when they moved to EWC+. There haven't been any reports of issues for them lately. So maybe it could be an issue when a FI migrates to EWC+ but ultimately, they are resolved.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or maybe they just got tired of complaining. That seems to happen for a lot of long-term problems with Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Chris_QPW that could very well be. There is no way to know what protocol Quicken uses for error resolution. If you report an issue, they clearly state that no one will respond, but it is a good idea to do so anyway. If you contact Quicken Support, your issue seems to get lost and never seen again. If users complain they get censured and reprimanded. It's a no-win situation. So yes, users get frustrated and give up.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We have Chase which uses EWC+ and have 3 user IDs that log into and access all joint accts -
    Quicken has no problem with the 3 Quicken Account setup and downloading - with different IDs.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    Options

@Stan Simmons I had a similar situation a while back with EWC after the Financial Institution did a major update of their system. I use Quicken One Step Update. I went into the Vault "Manage Passwords" and deleted the Financial Institution and the 2 accounts that have different user ID's and then added them back. Worked for me.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Stan Simmons
    Stan Simmons Member ✭✭
    Options

And then there is magic…

I checked the Password Vault and only one account was listed. I went to all the other accounts and deactivated the online for those accounts.

When I went to add the 2nd account from USAA - it worked as expected and now I have 2 separate logins from USAA in my one file…

It seems that clearing all the online attachments and Passwords from the password vault corrected the issue

Thanks for the solutions