Dashboard Plots Customization

Options
Pailfoot
Pailfoot Member ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any plan to build out the degree of customization of the plots on the dashboard (or elsewhere)? For example, I would like to compare multiple groups of investments within a single account against each other over time and have the results plotted (so, different color lines for different groups). I would also like to be able to customize the date range beyond the fixed options available. Finally, if this is not something that is actively being worked on, is there a way to export the data (e.g. historical values of each investment in each account) so that it can be plotted (or used otherwise) by the user outside of Quicken?

I'm using Classic Deluxe for Windows (pretty much always on most current update).

Thanks!

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can customize the data in any of Quicken's reports and export to Excel for further analysis and/or plotting.

For your example, I would use the report at Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances. Set the date range and interval you want and click on the gear to customize. Check the Account detail box to see the securities in each account. Select just the investing accounts you want. At the top of the report, click on the icon with the green arrow to export.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Pailfoot
    Pailfoot Member ✭✭
    Options

Great. Thanks. I'll look into this.

Do you know if Quicken has any plan to build out this functionality on the dashboard (customization is rather limited currently)?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken never announces their plans, but my impression is that the dashboard is intended to provide a quick pre-formatted view of your finances and not detailed analysis.

Especially since most of what you are requesting is available in the reports or via export, I would not expect this to be a high priority.

QWin Premier subscription