Stock purchase

Options

Newbie here - my brokerage purchased stock taking the funds directly from my checking acct. How do I show the transfer of funds in Quicken? I've tried several things but I end up with either double $ or stock. Thank you

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Options

Delete any transactions you have already entered or downloaded for this purchase, including any Placeholders.

You could click on Enter Transactions in the brokerage account then select Buy. Enter the date, the security name, the number of shares, the commission if any, and the total cost, letting Quicken calculate the price per share.

Under Cash source, select Transfer account and select the name of your checking account.

This will create a BoughtX transaction.

Or in the investing account you could enter two transactions - a cash transferred into account (Xin) followed by a Bought with the cash coming from the account's cash balance.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Options

Delete any transactions you have already entered or downloaded for this purchase, including any Placeholders.

You could click on Enter Transactions in the brokerage account then select Buy. Enter the date, the security name, the number of shares, the commission if any, and the total cost, letting Quicken calculate the price per share.

Under Cash source, select Transfer account and select the name of your checking account.

This will create a BoughtX transaction.

Or in the investing account you could enter two transactions - a cash transferred into account (Xin) followed by a Bought with the cash coming from the account's cash balance.

QWin Premier subscription
  • granville mann
    granville mann Member
    Options

Thank you!! I love learning something new.