Retirement assumptions

Options

Does anyone else see a problem when you open Planning ⇒ Lifetime Planner ⇒ Change Assumptions?

The right part of the dialogue box can't be seen even if you scroll to the far right. This is especially noticeable if you have a spouse because their info is almost completely out of the box.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing. Have you used "HELP, Report a problem" about this issue.

This forum is mostly other users … not Q Support. You should let Support know about this.,

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have but so far it has been ignored (like usual) so wasn't sure if it was just a problem with my UI.

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Are you using "large fonts" in Quicken? Seems to cause scaling issues in LTP (and probably in other areas).

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did however report it again now since it has been awhile since I last reported it.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The font is quite small and I don't know where to change fonts for planning. The only fonts I know of our in the register and it is set to 8 which is by no means large. The caption size to the left of each entry is very small so it doesn't appear to be a font issue (at least not one I can control).

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did find something in reports and selected the A- and it was no help either.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jameswh42

I don't know where to change fonts for planning

It's a Large Fonts issue. I see the problem only when that setting is enabled. If I disable Large Fonts, everything shows properly.

In the main View menu, un-check Use Large Fonts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yep. You are right. I didn't realize my fonts were that large but I guess it is since my screen resolution is 3840x2160.

Thank you! I didn't even realize it had been checked because the font is incredibly small and now it is microscopic.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That is going to fix another issue I had where the Stack view under Bills and Income, after spending a bit of time on the screen, would show double images of the cards so that I would have to guess where the actual enter button is.

Thanks again!

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tweaked Windows magnification under Settings > Display? I have "Make everything bigger" set to 125%. Quicken is 90% well-behaved with this setting, but various strings get truncated. I still find it better behaved than Q's Large Fonts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your input. I looked into that and didn’t see that settting (I’m on windows 11). Didn’t find magnification under display but instead with accessibility after playing with scaling under display. Tried various windows settings that would affect the display and eventually messed up my icon spacing and had to modify the registry to get it back to normal. Had success with some of the settings but seemed to give me the jaggies. I think I will just leave large fonts on and whenever I go to a part that has problems, switch to normal during those times.

Thanks again for taking the time time to provide input and I may try the display scaling if switching becomes a nuisance. The scaling did behave a bit weirdly since the default was 150% (recommended for my display] but when I switched to 175, all my icons jumped to my other screen. Had to go to 200 for it to stay on the same screen but then did see jaggies. Haven’t actually tried the magnification yet which is under accessibility for me.