Error installing Quicken 2017 - R2.20.exe

Options

Was advised to download and run 2.20.exe by phone support.
Getting message "Quicken is not installed on this machine."
But it is. Help says "Quicken 2017, Deluxe, Version R20.2, Build 26.1.20.2"
Why?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What "support" were you advised by? "2.20.exe" does not sound like a real Quicken thing. I suspect you were mislead by a scammer and now have malware on your PC. Please run a deep virus scan.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• BrianWG
    BrianWG Member
    edited May 4
    Options

That's incorrect. 2.20.exe is legit. Here's where it came from: (scroll down to October 2017)

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, that's so old - and so am I - I didn't recognize it. Sorry, I have no clue.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4
    Options

why ?

what problem were you having ?
    and if you are running Quicken 2017…. why re-install it ?

and… are we talking about R2.20 -
    or about R20.2 which you posted above - but I don't see any R20.2 existing around July 2019 ??

October 2017

Release R21.12 (US Versions

Aug 2019)

Release R20.15 (US Versions

July 2019)

Release R19.55 (US Versions

July 2019)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would not try installing anything regarding QWin 2017. Doing so risks making QWin 2017 totally unusable. There is actually quite a bit posted in Community about QWin 2014-QWin 2017 becoming non-functional. There are a couple of ways that MIGHT restore functionality but they are not sure fixes. If they don't work, then the only way to regain access to the data file is to order Subscription. Here are a couple of thread about this that you might want to read:

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11