Separate account logins for same bank - spouses sharing Quicken - won't allow second account sync

Options

My wife and I have separate credit card accts at the same bank, USAA Savings Bank, which accepts Express Web Connect +. We have shared Quicken for more than a decade and we've been able to sync Quicken for all four of our accounts at this bank—including one credit card in wife's name under her separate USAA login. Several weeks ago, a new Quicken sync login procedure was implemented, and now Quicken will not simultaneously web download for both my credit card and wife's credit card. When I add her credit card, it says my credit card (on my account login) cannot be found. When I add my credit card back, it says her credit card (on her login account) cannot be found. This is a new problem. Can it be fixed?

Answers

• irishbear44
    irishbear44 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem with Wells Fargo accounts (mine and my mom). How can this be fixed?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have multiple logins for Fidelity Investments, and a couple of credit cards

NO PROBLEM with connecting both logins in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mulli77
    mulli77 Member
    Options

If Fidelity works, but USAA and Wells Fargo don't, is this a problem with the way Quicken interfaces with USAA and Wells Fargo? Is Quicken working on a solution?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I access Fidelity via Direct Connect. Some cards use DC, others Express Web Connect.

So, it seems unlikely to me that "how Q connects" is the issue. More likely an FI issue.

And, it's well known that for employer-sponsored retirement accounts, where the employer is legally the owner and you're the "beneficiary", having spouses who work for the same employer and thus have the same retirement plan, will cause the "one or the other, but not both" situation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP