All payments showing as "Withdrawal", no business name after March update

Options

After the March update, I noticed on March 22, all transaction downloads from my credit union no longer include the business name. As of March 22, the only information displayed with a charge to my account is "Withdrawal". I contacted my credit union and confirmed there was no change on their part. The person responding from the bank stated, "According to Quicken, there was an update in March that changed the description system." Will there be a fix to the update error?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, that COULD be an EWC issue, which uses "screen scraping" to collect your data from the CU.

So if the CU changed their website (again, their issue) the scraping might not be able to locate the missing info.

Have you reported this to Q Support, via the link at the top of this page? They can look into that matter and make any needed correction.

BTW, per the CU's contract with Q/Intuit, the CU is supposed to notify Q/Intuit of any website changes in a timely manner so that the necessary changes can be made. If this in indeed a website issue … it's STILL the CU's fault.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the CU's statement was true (it isn't) then this board would be lit up with similar issues.

So, please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what it says in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to the CU account.

• aisenogle
    aisenogle Member
    Options

Hello and thanks for your response. So, from the menu Tools → Account list, the Transactions Download column for in both my checking and savings row display "Yes (Express Web Connect). I hope this is helpful in solving my issue.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, that COULD be an EWC issue, which uses "screen scraping" to collect your data from the CU.

So if the CU changed their website (again, their issue) the scraping might not be able to locate the missing info.

Have you reported this to Q Support, via the link at the top of this page? They can look into that matter and make any needed correction.

BTW, per the CU's contract with Q/Intuit, the CU is supposed to notify Q/Intuit of any website changes in a timely manner so that the necessary changes can be made. If this in indeed a website issue … it's STILL the CU's fault.

• aisenogle
    aisenogle Member
    Options

Hello NatACPA. Once again, thank you for your response. Today I had some time to hunt through the program settings to see if something was changed. While searching, I went to Edit→ Preferences → Downloaded Transactions. In that open window I selected the 'Renaming Rules' button. When the next window opened, I found there was a rule for 'Withdrawal'. I deleted that rule, did a down load from my Credit Union, and now all my transactions that begin with 'Withdrawal' include a description of the where the transaction took place. Things are working as they were before I noticed this problem.

I don't remember making any rules, I did not know how to create a rule before I researched today. However, I must have made the change somehow and accept responsibility for creating my own problem.

Once again, thank you for you input and support. It's great to know there are people like you offering help when needed.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be sure that the last three settings are all enabled. You want to be able to confirm when a new Renaming Rule is about to be created. Otherwise, the bad "Withdrawal" rule might slip in again.