Can't import QFX files after account number change (Q Win Canada)

Options

I have a TD (Toronto Dominion) credit card account in Quicken I update by downloading and importing QFX files. The credit card number for this account was recently changed and I'm no longer able to import transaction into the existing Quicken register.

I understand from your docs that if the account is activated it needs to be deactivated before changing its details. Although I do my updates manually, the account was previously activated so I deactivated it and successfully updated "Account Number" in Account Details to the new number.

However the QFX import still does not recognize the existing register and "Link to an existing account" is greyed out. Do I need to set up the account online? I'd rather not since I'm fine with downloading the transactions manually. Also, I notice that "TD" is not shown in the "Add new account" search window.

I'm using Quicken Classic Canada

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Andrew Malcolmson,

After deactivating the account, instead of updating the account number in the Account Details, have you tried leaving it blank?

After leaving it blank, see if importing the QFX file will then give you the option to link it.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Andrew Malcolmson
    Options

Thanks for the response Anja.

I removed the account number from Account Details but I still can't import a QFX. In the Import Downloaded Transactions window my only choice is to create a new account. "Link to an existing account" is still greyed out.

• Andrew Malcolmson
    Options

Solved by creating a new account and copying transactions over.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thanks for the update and for sharing the solution! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.