Persistent CC-800 Error, "Fix it" has no effect

After restoring from a backup, I'm getting a persistent CC-800 error on my account at First Foundation Bank ("One or more of your accounts have been deleted…"). The final screen of the "Fix it" troubleshooter shows the account in question, along with "Don't add to Quicken," with no other option. Results in the CC-800 error. Deactivating the account and adding it back allows me to link to the existing account, but results again in CC-800. I've validated, supervalidated, and resync'd to the cloud. Still getting CC-800. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have not already done so, you might want to try the following steps:

• Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    • If that doesn't resolve it: You said you had tried Deactivating/Reactivating the account and it did not work. If you have more than one account with that financial institution, Deactivate all of them and then try to set it up again via Add Account or Set Up Now.

If neither of these work: You might want to consider deleting the runtime.dat file. This is a process that is usually used to resolve a corruption issue with the runtime.dat file but there have been reports by others that this process has resolved persistent CC-800 errors for them. NOTE: Deleting the runtime.dat fiile will not affect the information in your main data file. But it will very likely require you to Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate all or most of your EWC and EWC+ connections, again. DC account should not require Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate. You can see the step-by-step process for how to do this in this post thread: Time date stamp [of last account update]. Scroll up to the top of the thread and directly under "Best Answer" that process is spelled out.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@Fred Dobbs - The only way I have found to fix reoccuring or persisitant CC-800 errors is to follow the steps below. The key to fixing these CC-800 errors is to deactivate ALL accounts using EWC or EWC+, not just the accounts with the errors.

First do a Validate and Super Validate on your current data file (not required, but still a good idea):

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Deactivate online services for all accounts using EWC or EWC+

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts using EWC or EWC+.
    3. Do not deactivate any accounts using DC or WC.
    4. Clear out the Financial Institution Name and Password in the General tab. You can leave them in. If you do, it will save you some steps in the reactivation process, but if you have had issues or errors with your sign on, then it is safest to clear these fields out.

After the online services have been deactivated, then reactivate all accounts.

1. Go the Account List, then "Activate" your accounts by clicking on "Add Account" at the bottom of the Account List window. You can also click on "Activate Downloads" in the "Transaction Download" column. The accounts will be activated by each financial institution, so you might not need go into each account.
    2. Go through the activation process, entering your user ID and password. When it comes to the "Add Account" screen where it lists all accounts, carefully link each account to the existing account on Quicken. It is critical that you double check every connection, even if the accounts are already linked. If any of your accounts use EWC+, there will be some additional authentication steps before you get to this screen on Quicken.
    3. After you have activated all your accounts, close and reopen Quicken, and then try an OSU again. If you get any errors, go to the account register and do an "Update Now", and then try an OSU again.

Please note that you can also reactivate your accounts by going into the "Online Services" tab in Account Details, but some users have found that that that doesn't always work for accounts using EWC+ that requires authentication from the financial institution.

Give these steps a try and see if it resolves your issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.

(I know it seems like a lot of steps to take to fix these CC-800 errors, but it is the only way I have found to permanently resolve multiple or reoccurring CC-800 errors. Again, the key is to deactivate and reactivate ALL EWC or EWC+ accounts, not just the ones with the errors.)

• wjb727
    wjb727 Member ✭✭✭

After 2 weeks of this same error daily and no response from support, I followed what another member said. Uninstall and reinstall Q. I did save my two files to the desktop and then restored those, even tho Q said it had the two files in the cloud. HOORAY! That worked and no more CC-800, you have to reauthorize your accounts.

• AllanM
    AllanM Member ✭✭

@QuickUserPSP 's solution seemed to have worked for me. Quicken Support tier 2 recommended a full export and import, which also worked, but then I would have had to reset all my preferences register settings. Reactivating all the accounts was much faster for me. YMMV.

• Dom1
    Dom1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 13

Just my own experience and it's always possible I missed a step (although I don't think so). You may find different results.

https://community.quicken.com/profile/Boatnmaniac - this solution did not work for me. After going thru the deactivation/Activation the error persisted.

https://community.quicken.com/profile/wjb727 - I did not try this option

https://community.quicken.com/profile/AllanM - This solution (meaning export/import) worked in that the error has now been removed and download is working again.

History: Before I found this thread I did try deactivation/activation of my checking account and while I could not resolve CC-800 and get the download to work my Quicken Online and Ending balance matched by online bank balance (not good). So if I was able to resolve the CC-800 error, upon accepting the new transactions my Quicken Ending balance would no longer match. 

Current: Error CC-800 has been resolved and download is working, however the balance issue persists. Either I will enter an adjusting entry of over $3K (which I REALLY don't like) and move on or I may try the import/export with an older backup file to see if my results change.  Not sure as this has been a bit time consuming.

PS - Following is what I rec'd from their chat support this AM before I found this thread.

To resolve a CC-800 error after reactivating a checking account, you should first deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Go to Tools > Account List.
    2. If available, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List.
    3. Choose Edit on each account with this error and select Deactivate on the Online Services tab.
    4. Close the Account List when finished.

After deactivating the accounts, you should then reactivate them. If the issue persists after following these steps, it is recommended to wait 24 to 48 hours and try updating the account again. If the problem continues for more than a few days, contact Quicken Support for further assistance.

SourceError Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800 | Quicken

• Greg T
    Greg T Member ✭✭

@QuickUserPSP - May 7, 2024 solution worked for me. All my accounts had a CC-800 error. All fixed except Paypal which indicates and issue with Paypal itself.

This discussion has been closed.