Incorrect CUSIP field

Options
hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭

A bond purchase at Schwab downloaded as an unidentified security. I was able to add the correct information by editing the security details. However, I was unable to add the CUSIP ID. Does anyone know how to add/edit the CUSIP field.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 8
    Options

@hmday the CUSIP gets added after it gets linked to the online security. There is no way to manually update the CUSIP field. It gets updated after security details get downloaded via the FI's update file with the OSU. Just make sure that the security is selected for "Download Quotes" in your Security List.

EDIT - updated per @q_lurker's comment below.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@hmday - some additional information -

In your security set up, make sure the tow items above are checked. If "Download asset class…" is grayed out that means that pricing or asset class information is not available for the security type. If it is unchecked, then that means pricing is not available from Quicken's price feed. If "Matched…" is grayed out, then that means the security does not match any securities on the FI's update file.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Match" is not greyed out and is selected so maybe the CUSIP is unnecessary. thank you

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

If that is the case then it means a CUSIP should eventually be assigned and be updated in the security set up. Maybe give it a day or two, i am not sure it requires an "overnight" process.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The CUSIP info comes only from the brokerage download. In that aspect, it only needs to (gets to) be matched with what they call it. Thus, it does not truly need to be a valid CUSIP, it is just their unique identifier.

Now if they later change their identifier to the real CUSIP, that might create an issue for you to address by resetting the match-up.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

Thanks @q_lurker for the correction - the CUSIP does indeed come from the FI update file, ands get updated during the OSU. I should have known this because I have several securities that are not priced from Quicken's price feed but still have a CUSIP assigned.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just thought it odd to download an "Unidentified Security" from Schwab. I have never had that occur in 30 years. I wasn't sure if the problem is with Quicken, the OSU or Schwab. I edited the bond w information from the Schwab site, the only field I was unable to complete was the CUSIP. I wasn't sure if it mattered.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@hmday I have gotten that "Unidentified Security". It happened when I was trying to update a security and somehow got a "mismatch" error. I think it was because I had two securities with the same name, but different fund IDs and they coincidently had the same number of shares. I finally got it straightened out by fixing the security names and making the fund ID the same as the CUSIP.

Hopefully your issue is just that the CUSIP number needs to be populated on Quicken. If it's not there yet, check in a day or two.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP I think that might be the problem, there is another security (bond) with the same name and number of shares the only difference is the maturity dates. I will have to work on it! thanks.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP That fixed it…I changed the name and it downloaded the correct information….Thanks Again

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@hmday glad that worked. I should have mentioned that earlier, but wow what an example of serendipity!

• eswenerton
    eswenerton Member ✭✭
    Options

LPL investment is not matching the correct CUSIP for Structured investments. Instead of the standard CUSIP, it is inserting a long hexadecimal string which changes each time. The hexadecimal string replaces the standard CUSIP and causes continual mismatches.

For Example the Structured Investment named

BANK MONTREAL AUTOCLLB BARRIER NOTE LKD NDX RTY SPX CPN 0.000% DUE 05/17/27 DTD 05/15/24

which has a CUSIP of 06376AK66 is instead matched with a CUSIP of acafe2412f1b4b58b280f3737a7039

and that string keeps changing and must be updated with each transaction.