Epson RR-600W and Epson Scansmart with Quicken

Steve Palm Springs
Steve Palm Springs Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

When scanning receipts into Epson Scansmart software using their RR-600W window, I have two options to export them into Quicken. First is export to a cash transaction. This creates a QIF file with imports into Quicken. However, it does so without a copy of the receipt. Does the program not offer this feature? The second way to export is through a Quicken Account. This open file explorer and is seeking a QIF file. I am not sure how this is supposed to work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Steven

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

You can attach a file to a transaction if you like. You can also scan a receipt and attach that to a transaction. You can import a QIF file which has transactions in it (A QIF file can't include the receipt). There isn't any operation that does it all in one step.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Steve Palm Springs

Thank you Chris. I am aware of those options. The Espon Scansmart software is specifically designed to import receipts and receipt data into their software. There are two options to do this. There is very little documentation on their website, the web, or their manual. I specifically need help with this feature of their software.

Thanks again!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10

I understand, but I think you are out of luck if you want to do it in one operation/step.

I don't know the details of that software but have seen similar software. BUT much more important is that I know Quicken.

There isn't any way to do what you are requesting (all in one import).

Given your menu options in your scanner software I can make the educated guess that you have in fact one option for export and another for import. Further down this line the import implies that the scanner software has its own database for storing receipts, which is exactly what I remember from a similar product that had similar functionality.

You export QIF files from your scanner software to send transactions to Quicken to import. You export a QIF file from Quicken with transactions that you would like to put into the scanner's database.

None of this is a direct export/import of the actual receipt. For that you need to export the receipt as a file and attach it to a transaction in Quicken, or use the scanner functions in Quicken to access your scanner to scan a receipt and send that "image" to Quicken. You start this process the same way in Quicken. When on the transaction you want this attached to you right click and select the menu option for attaching a document and there are two choices to browse for a file or do the scan.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Steve Palm Springs

Thank you, Chris. The information they provide is so evasive that it cannot do what I assumed it could.

I appreciate your response!

This discussion has been closed.