Creating a new Stifel SWT investment account (edit)

Options
karenm123
karenm123 Member ✭✭

Hi.

When I create a new investment account, I choose the institution, add my user name and password, and that all works. It then finds my new account, but the dropdown only shows checking and savings. There is no investment choice.

Is this a bug or is it something with the institution?

Thanks

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11
    Options

what version of Quicken - Starter, Deluxe or above ?
    What bank/brokerage ?

Help —> About Quicken

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Classic Premier for Windows 11, version R56.9

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who is financial institution?

During the account download setup process are you taken to your online account with the financial institution where you need to log in and authorize your account for download into Quicken or does Quicken do the setup without you leaving the Quicken program?

Do you have other investment accounts with them that you have been able to successfully set up with the correct account type for download in Quicken?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R57.16 on Windows 11

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is doing the setup without leaving Quicken. I have another account with them that is working successfully for downloading information. I tried to see if I could do a manual setup, but can't see that option.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Again, who is the financial institution?

I'm not sure what you mean by "manual setup". In Quicken that means Tools > Add Account > Offline Accounts tab > selecting the type of investment account you want > entering Cash and Securities investments into the account manually….there is no downloading from the financial institution involved. But it sounds like downloading is what you want to do so please explain what you mean by "manual setup".

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What type of investment is it listed as at the financial institution? A checking account, a savings account, a cd, stocks, bonds, IRA ???

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is a brokerage account that has stock in it.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@karenm123 - One last time, who is the brokerage?

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to create an account per your steps above with a zero balance, then go in and activate Online Services. There it connected to my brokerage account and found the new account. I was then able to choose "Investment" as the type and "Add to Quicken".

Thanks for the help.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

we KEEP asking which brokerage, as there are different features and abilities for each downloading brokerage - but we can’t really help without knowing the super secret name of the brokerage or the super secret type of account that we have asked about ….

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, it's Stifel- SWT

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I think this link points to a Stifel financial planning/tracking tool, perhaps somewhat similar to what a lot of banks are now offering.

But there is a FI in Quicken for Stifel - SWT and @karenm123 has said they are now connected with it so I think their issue is now resolved.:

18121 18121 18121 Stifel - SWT https://www.stifel.com/ Please enter your Username and Password required for login https://www.stifel.com/ ACTIVE INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT NOT_QBP NA

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12
    Options

yeah - wasn't near a laptop FIDIR file, was going to look to see how it looked
    Weird with the Username/Password text vs the usually expanded URL for connection.

18121 18121 18121 Stifel - SWT
    https://www.stifel.com/ Please enter your Username and Password required for login
    https://www.stifel.com/ ACTIVE
    INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was always connected with stifel - SWT. I had accounts with them and the connection always worked.

The problem was trying to add a new account starting from the account list. Login worked and it found the new account, but I was unable to choose investment for the type of account when the list was returned.

Thanks

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stifel - SWT does, per the FIDIR.TXT file (which records all of Q-supported FIs) does support investment accounts … so your issue is a bit of a mystery.

I'd suggest that you contact Q Support, via the link at the top of this page, to see if they can assist.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• karenm123
    karenm123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.