One Step Update not working this morning 5/14/24 on Windows 11

Answers

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

I finally fixed the problem, It's a Quicken problem must be from their last update. I suggest everyone call support because it's a long process, you need to copy your existing file and use the new file not the old one and reactivate every account you have again to work with a step update, they will have to walk you through it a Called at 830Am just finished took 2 hours once we started it. All the info here was not correct.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

For the record, I'm not experiencing any issues with OSU.

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17

[Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

I've used Quicken for almost 40 years and all the problems happened when they went from the program and data on your computer to their cloud-based servers that was the worst thing they could have done. Before that, almost no problem, all the data was on everyone's computer and the Program was also…

I think it's time to go back to our data on our computer with the program on our computer…

• Charles Dong
    Charles Dong Member ✭✭

Seems all these OSU problems started with their cloud move. All I can say is it is poorly QAed.

• molehill
    molehill Member ✭✭

Same problem here on Windows 10. This is a Quicken problem. The apparent expectation, that users should recopy files and reactivate accounts, is not reasonable. Please Quicken, fix your software.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

The only way you will fix it is calling support

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17

Ugh! I've done this process at least twice now in the last year… It's a huge [Removed - Language].. they gotta find a better solution!

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭

I refuse to use ANY of their cloud services, and still have the same problems with one step update… but I agree with your assessment!

• JCComputerWerks
    JCComputerWerks Member ✭✭

FIXED!! My one step updates were taking 8-11 minutes all of a sudden 10 days ago. My fix was deactivating ALL one step update accounts, restart quicken and add them back. My one step updates for all 11 of my online accounts now takes 9 seconds to complete! So happy I was when I found this works.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    edited May 18

its a quicken problem [Removed - Speculation]

• During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [CC-501].
    Quicken is unable to update your account due to an unexpected error. Please try again later. If the issue persists, contact Quicken Support.

Support said to Disconnect Credit Union account and then re-connect.

Did that, and then tried the "Refresh" option, but still get the error for only the Credit Union account.

• Rich Craig
    Rich Craig Member ✭✭

Been happening since the 13th or 14th. I have tried everything. disconnected all, reconnected all, still takes over 30 minutes. brokerage accounts seem to update, but banks do not. Also, it was not even downloading the transactions after the 30 minutes. It has been a while since i had to reconnect accounts, but I don't remember in the past it asking me if was ok to allow Intuit to connect my accounts?

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    edited May 22

Rich Craig

The same was happening to me, call support they know it's at their end, and you will have to go to backup and then click on Create a copy or template all your info will be set up in a new file, and everything will be there except that your account will not be set up for one-step backup, you then have to go to accounts than the bottom right click add an account find your financial institution and add it will find that account in quicken just make sure it says link to existing account then click ok and the rest is easy when you have completed this for all the accounts you had set up it will work like a charm.

This is a problem in the last quicken update where it messed up all the codes needed to connect to those accounts, this will clear it and reset the codes to work again.

Don't go at it alone call quicken so they can walk you through it, once you're comfortable with 4-5 accounts you can tell the agent you can finish on your own and if you run into a problem get the case number to call back.

Hope this helps

• Rich Craig
    Rich Craig Member ✭✭

@rabourassa thank you for the tip, I was really hoping this was going to be a patch fix and it was more than me. I even restored backup prior to the 13th but get the same result. I have 22 connected accounts, this will take a while….

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

yes took me 2 hours on phone with support

• Rich Craig
    Rich Craig Member ✭✭

just logged back into Quicken and it made me re-log into the Web as well and suddenly everything is syncing again, I never logged out after shutting it down the last time. I'm not sure how that happened.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

Oh yes anytime you do something like that you have to

• Rich Craig
    Rich Craig Member ✭✭

no, I mean I had logged out and back into the web after I had done all of that and it didn’t work. I have shut down quicken 3 times since then and didn’t log out of web, but this time on start up it asked me to login, seems strange

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

well if it's working then your good right

• Rich Craig
    Rich Craig Member ✭✭

absolutely, thank you.

• deltavee
    deltavee Member ✭✭
    edited May 23

One step update shows that my investments and bank accounts have processed and updated many times, but the values in Quicken haven't changed at all over the last several days of stock market and banking action. My financial institutions confirm that the values have indeed changed. Tried shutting down and restarting both Quicken and my PC, but the problem remains. I'm learning real fast not to trust Quicken Premier for my financial tracking.

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth… I just happened to purchase a NEW computer… I installed Quicken and opened my data file… the one setup update now works just fine… Nothing changed, other than switching to a new computer…

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

@brewder Actually, it's worth a lot. Many are quick to blame the Quicken software when, in fact, their operating system is corrupt.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

I highly doubt the many of us experiencing this issue have "corrupt operating systems". There is more to this issue than that simple assumption.

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭

@RalphC ahhh ZERO chance it was a "corrupt operating system"… For sure it's some issue with Quicken temp files or something.. those simply didn't exist on the new computer.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

@John Rocke For many years, I was an IT support analyst. We might have to agree to disagree.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

@RalphC So was I. I'm inclined to agree with Brewder on this one.

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    edited May 23

I deactivated one account (Citi), closed and restarted QW and tried to restart online services. I get an error on sign in that there is a timeout or connect error and to "select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser". Clicking that just loops back to the same error.

Why is no one from Quicken on this thread? Makes me wonder if they acknowledge this as a known issue.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

I did not and am not experiencing any issues with OSU, so it's not a Quicken issue.